Antivirus fo Pre-RC1: BSOD installing AVG, avast not working, PC-Cillin OK

Old September 3rd 06, 11:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Peter Meinl

Default Antivirus fo Pre-RC1: BSOD installing AVG, avast not working, PC-Cillin OK

I got a blue screen when installing AVG antivirus trial.
Cannot use avast because of a known problem with is said to be fixed in RC1.

PC-cillin seems to work.
Only hat to reenable the Vista firewall which PC-cillin setup did disable
even though I selected minimum install (without their firewall).

Old September 3rd 06, 12:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Roy Coorne

Peter Meinl schrieb:
I got a blue screen when installing AVG antivirus trial.

AVG Free Edition is working.
Old September 3rd 06, 09:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Hilmar

working here also. I have problems with Trend Micro updating virus
definitions - it starts downloading, but the quits giving an error that my
internet connection failed. I saw on Neowin.net that others have similar
problems.

Old September 4th 06, 04:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
PhilMaznyk

Default Antivirus fo Pre-RC1: BSOD installing AVG, avast not working,

I've tried the following antivirus software with Vista build 5536 all with no
success. I have yet to find a single antivirus solution that works with this
build.

AVG Professional (BSOD) before installation completes. Notifed Grisoft and
sent them installation files to review.
AVG Free installs but does not auto load at startup nor does it
automatically get updates
EZ Trust will not install period
PC Cillin will install but has difficulty downloading updates. Turns off
Windows Firewall when minimal install without firewall is chosen and does
not allow right click scanning of files.

Phil.

Old September 11th 06, 04:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
imadreamer2

I did get eTrust EZ antivirus to install but on boot I think it is windows
defender that does not permit it to load. When I click to permit it, windows
explorer stops repsonding briefly, my desktop temporaily goes away and then
finally comes back and it appears to be working.

When I notified computer associates they advised me to uninstal windows
defender and try it. They wanted me to connect in a on line chat with one of
their techs, but at the time I was in XP and figured if I was going to
download a client to talk to them that I needed to be in vista at the time.

I don't even see how to uninstall windows defender and am not sure I would
want to. Although spywareguard and spyware blaster both are working
beautifuly.
--
imadreamer2

Old September 12th 06, 08:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Gopher_By_Fender

Avast have released an updated version, which they say is compatable with
Vista RC1 -

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=23424.0

hope this helps