Vista Banter

-   Security and Windows Vista (http://www.vistabanter.com/security-windows-vista/)
-   -   Need Working Antivirus Solution (http://www.vistabanter.com/11364-need-working-antivirus-solution.html)

PhilMaznyk September 4th 06 04:08 AM

Need Working Antivirus Solution

Has anyone had complete success (zero issues) yet with any antivirus
software in build 5536. I need to know of one that works completely and
without any issues. Thanks.

Phil.

Jupiter Jones [MVP] September 4th 06 07:05 AM

Need Working Antivirus Solution

Phil;
Nothing will ever be 100% "works completely and without any issues"
But for me, the latest version of AVG Free seems to work very well.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

PhilMaznyk September 4th 06 02:53 PM

Need Working Antivirus Solution

It seems very odd that so many users are having issues yet others apparrently
are not. In my case this was a clean install from the DVD with no other
software present.

Phil.

PhilMaznyk September 4th 06 03:28 PM

Need Working Antivirus Solution

Have you tried to right click a file and scan it ? I too was able to install
PC Cillin but the feature for manual scanning of files was not present or
available. So to me it was useless as an antivirus solution.

Phil.

Jupiter Jones [MVP] September 4th 06 06:14 PM

Need Working Antivirus Solution

Phil;
AVG worked fine for me on Build 5536 and now on Build 5600.
Clean Install or upgrade works just as well.

However there are always differences in computers even with a Clean Install.
Hardware can sometimes be an issue.

Jeff September 4th 06 11:52 PM

Need Working Antivirus Solution

Jupiter,
That's funny; AVG worked for me in RC1; until I shutdown.
Restart and get error message from Vista saying incompatable; and the tray
icon is gone!!
RC1-- HA
Jeff

Jupiter Jones [MVP] September 5th 06 12:02 AM

Need Working Antivirus Solution

Jeff;
I had an incompatible message during initial installation but I resolved it
by getting the latest version 7.1.405.
I think it has only been out for a few days.
Is that the version you are using?

Jeff September 5th 06 12:17 AM

Need Working Antivirus Solution

Jupiter,
Not sure,
actually just got a beta invite from Mcafee; for Enterprise 8.5--Guess
what???
Works great in rc1(build 5600)!!!
Go figure.
Never thought Mcafee would work;but this Enterprise beta is working
fantastic!!!!