where is Internet Explorer Cache located?

Old March 21st 08, 11:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Bob

Default where is Internet Explorer Cache located?

"Synapse Syndrome" wrote in message
"Bob" wrote in message

The "cookies" folder cannot be accessed.
This is not a regular system folder.
baloney! go to folder options and select show hidden files.
C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookie s

C:\Users\username\Cookies\Low appears to be a separate location.
Both can be directly accessed. I do so daily with a batch file that
deletes only selected cookies.

Why? I block all cookies by default, and make an exception as and when I
need to. IE makes that really easy, with the icon in the status bar.

ss.

Agreed, IE does make it easy.

I like to play with batch files and I like the feeling of controlling
cookies with my own batch file.

I block most but not all cookies because there are a few sites, for example
My Yahoo, where I would need to re-enter my ID and password if I blocked
the cookie.

I do use IE to block all 3rd party cookies.

-------
*Report back, please*
[When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to so
that others may learn and benefit from the issue]

[How to ask a question]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

Old March 21st 08, 11:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Bob

"Anthony B" wrote in message
"David" wrote in message
. ..
Anthony B wrote:
"Bob" wrote in message
What is a "cookie threat"?

Cookies are located in C:\Users\username\Cookies\Low

We found that cookie folder, but this has nothing to do with Internet
Explorer.

***Of course it does.

Old March 21st 08, 11:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Synapse Syndrome[_2_]

"Bob" wrote in message
. ..

C:\Users\username\Cookies\Low appears to be a separate location.
Both can be directly accessed. I do so daily with a batch file that
deletes only selected cookies.

Why? I block all cookies by default, and make an exception as and when I
need to. IE makes that really easy, with the icon in the status bar.

Agreed, IE does make it easy.

I like to play with batch files and I like the feeling of controlling
cookies with my own batch file.

I block most but not all cookies because there are a few sites, for
example My Yahoo, where I would need to re-enter my ID and password if I
blocked the cookie.

I do use IE to block all 3rd party cookies.

I just counted my cookies. I seem to have nearly one hundred sites in my
exceptions list. I'm surprised how many.

ss.

Old March 22nd 08, 12:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
David H. Lipman

From: "Anthony B"

| "David H. Lipman" wrote in message

Please fix your PC clock. You are posting from the future.

--
Dave

| because I am 16 time zones ahead of you

If you set your PC clock and time zone correctly, your posting time will be GMT adjusted
accordingly.

You are no special than any of the millions of other International Usenet posters.

--
Dave

Old March 22nd 08, 12:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Ken Blake, MVP

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 08:33:54 -0800, "Anthony B"
wrote:

"David H. Lipman" wrote in message

Please fix your PC clock. You are posting from the future.

--
Dave

because I am 16 time zones ahead of you

No. As I said in another newsgroup, your time zone doesn't matter.
Time is reported in each of our newsreaders in our local time.

Your clock is set wrong.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Old March 22nd 08, 12:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Bob

"Synapse Syndrome" wrote in message
"Bob" wrote in message
. ..

C:\Users\username\Cookies\Low appears to be a separate location.
Both can be directly accessed. I do so daily with a batch file that
deletes only selected cookies.

Why? I block all cookies by default, and make an exception as and when
need to. IE makes that really easy, with the icon in the status bar.

Agreed, IE does make it easy.

I like to play with batch files and I like the feeling of controlling
cookies with my own batch file.

I block most but not all cookies because there are a few sites, for
example My Yahoo, where I would need to re-enter my ID and password if I
blocked the cookie.

I do use IE to block all 3rd party cookies.

I just counted my cookies. I seem to have nearly one hundred sites in my
exceptions list. I'm surprised how many.

ss.

Interesting, how did they get there if you didn't add them?
FWIW I have no sites in my exceptions list.

By the way, I periodically delete the index.dat file from a command prompt.

Old March 22nd 08, 12:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Synapse Syndrome[_2_]

"Bob" wrote in message
. ..

I just counted my cookies. I seem to have nearly one hundred sites in my
exceptions list. I'm surprised how many.

Interesting, how did they get there if you didn't add them?
FWIW I have no sites in my exceptions list.

No, they are all in the exceptions list because I added them. I am just
surpised how many sites and forums I seem have added exceptions for.

The only cookies I have are cookies I want, as I have added the exceptions
for them.

By the way, I periodically delete the index.dat file from a command
prompt.

Why?

ss.

Old March 22nd 08, 01:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Bob

--
-------
*Report back, please*
[When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to so
that others may learn and benefit from the issue]

[How to ask a question]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"Synapse Syndrome" wrote in message
"Bob" wrote in message
. ..

I just counted my cookies. I seem to have nearly one hundred sites in
my exceptions list. I'm surprised how many.

Interesting, how did they get there if you didn't add them?
FWIW I have no sites in my exceptions list.

No, they are all in the exceptions list because I added them. I am just
surpised how many sites and forums I seem have added exceptions for.

The only cookies I have are cookies I want, as I have added the exceptions
for them.

By the way, I periodically delete the index.dat file from a command
prompt.

Why?

Because is an invasion of privacy.

Old March 22nd 08, 01:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
R. C. White

Hi, Anthony.

FIX YOUR CLOCK!!!

From this latest post of yours:
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 08:33:54 -0800

That says you posted it TOMORROW from the -0800 Time Zone. That's Pacific
Time, US and Canada. In other words, Redmond, Washington Time; Microsoft
Corporation Time. I suspect that you - like many others - have not set the
Time Zone correctly since you installed Vista.

I'm in Texas, Central Time Zone, GMT -0600. It's now 9:00 PM CDT on March
21. You posted this at 11:33 AM on March 22 - about a full day ahead of the
rest of the world.

FIX YOUR CLOCK!!!

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Microsoft Windows MVP

Old March 22nd 08, 01:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Synapse Syndrome[_2_]

"Bob" wrote in message
. ..
I just counted my cookies. I seem to have nearly one hundred sites in
my exceptions list. I'm surprised how many.

Interesting, how did they get there if you didn't add them?
FWIW I have no sites in my exceptions list.

No, they are all in the exceptions list because I added them. I am just
surpised how many sites and forums I seem have added exceptions for.

The only cookies I have are cookies I want, as I have added the
exceptions for them.

By the way, I periodically delete the index.dat file from a command
prompt.

Why?

Because is an invasion of privacy.

I have every webpage that I go to recorded on my Google Web History, so I
suppose I have a different attitude to what is important to be kept private.

ss.