where is Internet Explorer Cache located?

Old March 22nd 08, 02:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Bob

Default where is Internet Explorer Cache located?

"Synapse Syndrome" wrote in message
"Bob" wrote in message
. ..
I just counted my cookies. I seem to have nearly one hundred sites in
my exceptions list. I'm surprised how many.

Interesting, how did they get there if you didn't add them?
FWIW I have no sites in my exceptions list.

No, they are all in the exceptions list because I added them. I am just
surpised how many sites and forums I seem have added exceptions for.

The only cookies I have are cookies I want, as I have added the
exceptions for them.

By the way, I periodically delete the index.dat file from a command
prompt.

Why?

Because is an invasion of privacy.

I have every webpage that I go to recorded on my Google Web History, so I
suppose I have a different attitude to what is important to be kept
private.

ss.

I suppose you do.

I don't know if it's true, however I've read that all of the email that has
been sent or received and files and documents you accessed are logged in the
index.dat file as well.

Another problem is when the index.dat file becomes very large it may cause
reduced network performance. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322916

Old March 22nd 08, 02:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Bill

"Anthony B" wrote in message
"David H. Lipman" wrote in message

Please fix your PC clock. You are posting from the future.

--
Dave

because I am 16 time zones ahead of you

I'm in Australia and you are still over 12 hours ahead of me!

Maybe everyone else is wrong! Is your name Bush?

Old March 22nd 08, 04:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Anthony B[_2_]

Where is the folder location of Internet Explorer 7.0.6000.16609?

We are using Vista Home Basic Dell systems.

Trend Micro Internet Security found cookie threats in Internet Explorer
Cache location. How can I find this folder?

Thank you

Old March 22nd 08, 06:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Anthony B[_2_]

"Bob" wrote in message
What is a "cookie threat"?

Cookies are located in C:\Users\username\Cookies\Low

The "cookies" folder cannot be accessed.
This is not a regular system folder.

Old March 22nd 08, 01:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

"Anthony B" wrote in message
"David H. Lipman" wrote in message

Please fix your PC clock. You are posting from the future.

--
Dave

because I am 16 time zones ahead of you

Not according to your headers. Did you bother resetting the time zone of
your computer?

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
www.fjsmjs.com

Old March 22nd 08, 03:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Anthony B[_2_]

"David" wrote in message
. ..
Anthony B wrote:
"Bob" wrote in message
What is a "cookie threat"?

Cookies are located in C:\Users\username\Cookies\Low

We found that cookie folder, but this has nothing to do with Internet
Explorer.

The "cookies" folder cannot be accessed.
This is not a regular system folder.

baloney! go to folder options and select show hidden files.
C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookie s

Old March 23rd 08, 01:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
DrTeeth

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 23:11:59 -0400, "Bob" wrote:

I don't know if it's true, however I've read that all of the email that has
been sent or received and files and documents you accessed are logged in the
index.dat file as well.

Just open it in a text editor and look for yourself to see what is
recorded.

Another problem is when the index.dat file becomes very large it may cause
reduced network performance. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322916

That article does not pertain to Vista so not sure why a link has been
posted in Vista NG. It is not a problem in other versions of Windows
providing that IE is set up properly...the large default cache size is
the issue.

--
Cheers,

DrT