where is Internet Explorer Cache located?

Old March 21st 08, 12:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Bob

Default where is Internet Explorer Cache located?

What is a "cookie threat"?

Cookies are located in C:\Users\username\Cookies\Low

On the IE PrivacyAdvanced tab you can block all 3rd party cookies.

As of recently Trend is known to cause problems in Vista.
I suggest you replace Trend with the free AVG http://free.grisoft.com/ or
Avast
Defender. Disabling Trend is not enough. You need to completely uninstall
it.

-------
*Report back, please*
[When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to so
that others may learn and benefit from the issue]

[How to ask a question]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"Anthony B" wrote in message
Where is the folder location of Internet Explorer 7.0.6000.16609?

We are using Vista Home Basic Dell systems.

Trend Micro Internet Security found cookie threats in Internet Explorer
Cache location. How can I find this folder?

Thank you

Old March 21st 08, 01:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Victek

You can delete IE7's cookies he

control panel/internet options/general tab/browsing history/delete/delete
cookies

The TIFF (temporary internet files folder) is hidden by default. If you
want to view it in explorer you have to go into folder options and unhide
all files. FWIW, it's a lot easier to use Ccleaner to delete the various
components of the IE cache.

Old March 21st 08, 02:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Dave

You mean this?
C:\Users\(login)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\T emporary Internet Files

It's a normally hidden OS folder.

--
Vista Home Premium 32 SP1
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"Anthony B" wrote in message
"Bob" wrote in message
What is a "cookie threat"?

Cookies are located in C:\Users\username\Cookies\Low

The "cookies" folder cannot be accessed.
This is not a regular system folder.

Old March 21st 08, 04:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
R. C. White

Hi, Anthony.

As in the past several generations of IE, click Tools | Internet Options |
General, then Settings under Browser history. Look for Current Location.

That's where to find the TIF, but be aware that these are NOT like other
Windows/Vista files! Use the buttons here to view and manage your cookies.
Don't try to use Windows Explorer and other normal tools.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Microsoft Windows MVP

Old March 21st 08, 04:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
David

Anthony B wrote:
"Bob" wrote in message
What is a "cookie threat"?

Cookies are located in C:\Users\username\Cookies\Low

The "cookies" folder cannot be accessed.
This is not a regular system folder.

baloney! go to folder options and select show hidden files.
C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookie s

Old March 21st 08, 04:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Bob

"David" wrote in message
. ..
Anthony B wrote:
"Bob" wrote in message
What is a "cookie threat"?

Cookies are located in C:\Users\username\Cookies\Low

The "cookies" folder cannot be accessed.
This is not a regular system folder.

baloney! go to folder options and select show hidden files.
C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookie s

C:\Users\username\Cookies\Low appears to be a separate location.
Both can be directly accessed. I do so daily with a batch file that deletes
only selected cookies.

Old March 21st 08, 08:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
David H. Lipman

From: "Anthony B"

| Where is the folder location of Internet Explorer 7.0.6000.16609?
|
| We are using Vista Home Basic Dell systems.
|
| Trend Micro Internet Security found cookie threats in Internet Explorer
| Cache location. How can I find this folder?
|
| Thank you

Please fix your PC clock. You are posting from the future.

--
Dave

Old March 21st 08, 11:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Synapse Syndrome[_2_]

"Bob" wrote in message

The "cookies" folder cannot be accessed.
This is not a regular system folder.

baloney! go to folder options and select show hidden files.
C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookie s

C:\Users\username\Cookies\Low appears to be a separate location.
Both can be directly accessed. I do so daily with a batch file that
deletes only selected cookies.

Why? I block all cookies by default, and make an exception as and when I
need to. IE makes that really easy, with the icon in the status bar.

ss.

Old March 21st 08, 11:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Synapse Syndrome[_2_]

"Anthony B" wrote in message
"David" wrote in message
. ..
Anthony B wrote:
"Bob" wrote in message
What is a "cookie threat"?

Cookies are located in C:\Users\username\Cookies\Low

We found that cookie folder, but this has nothing to do with Internet
Explorer.

Just type shell:cookies in the Start Menu search box.

ss.