Old February 14th 07, 05:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Racquel

Default Sidewinder Strategic Commander problems

My list of problems just keeps growing and growing. I am trying to install
the controller onto my Vista system & have encountered several problems. The
latest problem is while attempting to install the software, the
"installshield" application stops working almost instantly when it appears to
be completeing installation ... then there are 2 choices I am given, one is
to close the program & the other is to check online for a solution. Needless
to say, the button for checking online yields no results . To address other
problems, previously I was able to install the CD up to the point where it
would check the connection of the device to the USB but didnt recognize it
(USB port is active the working & computer itself recognizes the device &
that it was 'installed' properly) & also at another time I received an error
message that 'critical system files are missing or corrupted' (to try to fix
this based on microsofts suggestion of installing it as an administrator
doesnt work either) . I am at my wits end w/this thing... Can anyone help?