Sony MPEG RealTime Encoder Board?

Old March 21st 08, 10:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ColTom2

Default Sony MPEG RealTime Encoder Board?

Hi:

Does anyone know of a Vista driver applicable Sony MPEG RealTime Encoder
Board or a work around so that I can upgrade my Sony Desktop VGC-RA716G with
MCE(2005) to Vista?

If not, how would I go about finding a suitable hardware replacement for
this board i.e. mfg, model/part number that would work with Vista?

I am not familiar at all with hardware in this area, as you might tell.

Thanks

Old March 21st 08, 10:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

Google on "Sony MPEG RealTime Encoder" and you will find hits like this one:

http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=688057

Old March 21st 08, 11:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Synapse Syndrome[_2_]

"ColTom2" wrote in message
Hi:

Does anyone know of a Vista driver applicable Sony MPEG RealTime Encoder
Board or a work around so that I can upgrade my Sony Desktop VGC-RA716G
with
MCE(2005) to Vista?

If not, how would I go about finding a suitable hardware replacement for
this board i.e. mfg, model/part number that would work with Vista?

I am not familiar at all with hardware in this area, as you might tell.

You can get any TV card that is labelled as a PVR card, which would have an
onboard hardware MPEG2 encoder. Better yet - get a digital TV card. I
don't think anybody buys analogue cards anymore in the UK, as FreeView has
been around for years now.

ss.

Old March 21st 08, 11:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Synapse Syndrome[_2_]

"ColTom2" wrote in message
Hi:

Does anyone know of a Vista driver applicable Sony MPEG RealTime Encoder
Board or a work around so that I can upgrade my Sony Desktop VGC-RA716G
with
MCE(2005) to Vista?

If not, how would I go about finding a suitable hardware replacement for
this board i.e. mfg, model/part number that would work with Vista?

I am not familiar at all with hardware in this area, as you might tell.

What is the exact model of that card? The Sony site makes upgrading to
Vista very easy.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod...GCRA716G&LOC=3

ss.

Old March 21st 08, 11:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ColTom2

Hi Colin:

I was the "ColTom2" that made this original posting, as referenced in your
Google site. No one has ever been able to tell me anything definitive about
this problem. Most say that it will not work, while others say that they
have changed certain hardware etc and got it to work. However, no one has
cited any real specifics about this problem. I suppose one reason is that
there are so many different variations of Sony Desktops that have this board
installed, but also have other related hardware that is different.

I have been trying to find someone who can tell me a specific solution
other than replacing my computer,which is really fine with the current MCE
(2005). I just would like to know for sure what and how I could upgrade to
Vista.

Thanks,

ColTom2

Old March 22nd 08, 02:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ColTom2

Hi:

When you run Sony's upgrade to Vista application it does not indicate any
problem with their MPEG RealTime Encoder Card. All other factors considered
I am sure that my VGC-RA716G desktop will upgrade, but in doing so I lose my
TV capability with MCE(2005).

Only when you run Microsoft's compatibility application des it show up as
the MPEG card being a problem in upgrading to Vista.

Do you think this card would do as a replacement?
http://www.compusa.com/applications/...=OTC-GPRODUCTS

Thanks,

ColTom2

Old March 9th 09, 07:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jade System

Hi Tom,

I saw your thread, as I am inquiring if you have a copy of the
Installation disc for the Sony Vaio VGC-RA716G Desktop I am down, and
need a copy of the installation discs for this computer. I would
compensate you for these discs.

Thanks in advance,

KT
San Jose, CA

--
Jade System
Old March 9th 09, 10:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Manny Weisbord

Jade System wrote:

Hi Tom,

I saw your thread