Firewire device disconnecting with 0x80070037

Old March 21st 08, 11:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Comment box returns to same location

Default Firewire device disconnecting with 0x80070037

I have an external ATA drive connected to my PC using a firewire connection.
I managed to copy lots of data onto it a few months ago for archive purposes.

Many of the files are very large and if I try to copy them from it onto the
main PC drives it starts the copy, halts, seems to be calculating the time it
will take then it finally fails with "Error 0x80070037: The specified network
resource or device is no longer available." At this point the ATA drive goes
off-line.

This is getting me down and concerning me because it seems that the data is
going to be irretrievable. I may be able to recreate it by re-copying tapes
but I want to have a drive that is safe to use.

Old April 2nd 08, 03:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
sarcasmatron

I am having the same problem with an internal hard drive, as well as an
external backup drive. It seemed to occur after installing Vista SP1, but
after doing a restore and now a reinstall of Vista (Home Premium) the problem
is still there. Any solutions that don't include formatting and re-installing
the drive would be very highly appreciated.