Trend PC-cillin won't work on RC1

Old September 16th 06, 06:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Richard Lundgren

Default Trend PC-cillin won't work on RC1

I just upgraded from beta to RC1, I had trend beta for vista already
installed but when I upgraded, PCcillin will not load. I tried to uninstal
it and I get error. I tried to reinstall it and I get an error when the new
install tries to uninstall the current instal. I tried to delete the trend
folder in explorer and windows won't let me, it says I need permision but I
am the administrator. I can't delete MY folder on MY computer, WHY?
I disabled UAC and I still can't do it myself.

Old September 17th 06, 04:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
crashtest_dummy

i have downloaded the beta one .Works fine
--
Let sleeping dogs lie

Old September 17th 06, 11:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
rascal

I had the same problem, I went to the Trend web site and finally found the
answer. There is a tool in the Trend folder that correctly un-installs the
software. It did take a couple of tries but I finally managed to get it
completely uninstalled, although the folder remains and when it goes to
install again it tells you this, I just clicked overwrite existing files, and
now works fine. But I must admit it was getting pretty frustrating. I
usually use Norton but from the last visit to their website they are coming
out with anything til next month maybe and it will be beta also.