Can't Network Vista-Vista-Mac

Old March 25th 08, 02:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
DeniseStokes

Default Can't Network Vista-Vista-Mac

I have 2 machines running Vista and 1 running Mac Leopard. I can't get them
to play nice. The wireless network is connected to the internet through my
Mac (airport). All computers can access the internet. My desktop (vista) can
reach a mac location I created by adding a network location on my computer.
My laptop (vista) can't reach the Mac at all. The worst part about it is that
my 2 vista machines won't connect to each other! I see the icon for each in
my network, but when I click on them I get errors. One vista has McAfee and
one had Norton360.
My settings (on both vistas) a
Private Network
File Sharing On
Network Discovery On
Public Folder Sharing OnPrinter Sharing Off
Password Protected Sharing Off
Media Sharing On
Can anyone help me? It's so frustrating having 2 pc with Vista sitting 5
feet from each other and I can't share ym own files. Security is great, but
not when it keeps me from my onw info...
Old March 25th 08, 02:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)[_577_]

Since you have McAfee and Norton, I would try to disable them or start the
Vista with clean boot for troubleshooting.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

Old March 25th 08, 12:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Malke[_2_]

DeniseStokes wrote:

[...]

In addition to what Robert said about McAfee/Norton (really dreadful
programs), see below for networking Vista and Leopard. Also please note
that if you have an Airport Base Station, your computers do not get the
Internet through your Mac but through the Airport, which is a router.

This assumes that you have correctly set up Windows Sharing in OS X. If you
have Leopard, make sure you are using the SMB protocol and not AFP. You
must create matching user accounts/passwords on both the Mac and Vista. You
do not need to be logged into the same account on all machines and the
passwords assigned to each user account can be different; the
accounts/passwords just need to exist and match on all machines. If you
wish a machine to boot directly to the Desktop in Vista (into one
particular user's account) for convenience, you can do this. The
instructions at this link work for both XP and Vista:

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Autologon.htm

You also need to make sure you've correctly configured your firewalls on
both machines to allow the Local Area Network as trusted.

To enable Windows Vista to connect to Mac OS X with Windows File Sharing
enabled, you will need to change the following policy in Windows Vista:

StartRunsecpol.msc [enter]

Click on "Local Policies" -- "Security Options"

Navigate to the policy "Network Security: LAN Manager authentication level"
and double-click it to get its Properties. By default Windows Vista sets
the policy to "NTVLM2 responses only". Use the drop-down arrow to change
this to "LM and NTLM ? use NTLMV2 session security if negotiated".

In Vista Home Premium, you won't have this tool so per Steve Winograd, do:

1. Run the registry editor and open this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Lsa

1. If it doesn't already exist, create a DWORD value named
LmCompatibilityLevel

3. Set the value to 1

4. Reboot

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
Old February 14th 12, 12:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
jean poireau

New Hacked stuffs available** Selling Dumps With Hacked Track 1 Track 2 , Best Dumps For Sale From Old Vendor!!!!

We glad to present our dump selling service (track2, track2+track1).

Dumps are checked by request only, we dont replace checked stuff. Replace always will be checked!

Binlist only after first deal.

We will give order immediately after payment if payment was thru libertyreserve (Lr).

If you pay Western Union or Moneygram you receive your stuff in 2-6 hours.

yescards.......................

ATM CARDS PLASTIC and Yescards............

Send By DHL 2 days and u get

price 300? or 320$ upfront 150? or 150$

sure and u past me ur post code

and u get after 2 days sure but before i past tracking ......

INFINITE , BLACK AMEX , MC WORLD - $200

* USA DUMPS

US Classic - $25

US MC Standart - $25

US Gold - $35

US Platinum - $30

US Purchasing/Signature - $40

US Bussines/Corporate - $40

US MC World - $40

* CANADA DUMPS

Standart/Classic $40

Gold/Platinum $55

* EUROPE

EU Gold - $80

EU Platinum - $905

EU Business - $150

EU Corporate/Purchasing - $100

EU Classic - $70

EU Infinite - $200

EU 201 $100

EU 101 $120

******************

Country: CANADA ( 101 -121 )

MasterCard, Visa Classic - $45

Visa Gold, Platinum ,Corporate ,Signature ,Business ? $60

INFINITE , MC WORLD - $300

******************

******************

Other countries: ( 101 -121 ) , BRAZIL , AUSTRALIA , CHINA , JAPAN , UK , etc

MasterCard Visa Classic - $80

Visa Gold Platinum Corporate Signature Business ? $100

==================

sample of dumps :

MC:

5424180*****509=0906101085010581 ; B5424180*****09^LISA/MICHAEL D ^090610100000008501000000581000000

542418*****6583=0909101226010498 ; B542418*****6583^PETERS/ANGELA M ^090910100000022601000000498000000

VISA:

41144******501329=091110114013216 ; B41144******501329^BALANGERO/JUSTIN M^091110100000014013216000000

41212******22456=09091010000092900000 ; B41212******22456^CORNELL/LORI^09091010000000000 092900000000000

------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------ ------------------

Contacts : icq#: 560859442

WU TRANSFERT ...............................

PRICES FOR WESTERN UNION ONLINE TRANSFER(UK,US,CANADIAN,ITALY,FRANCE,GERMANY AND NIGERIA)

2500$=650$

2000$=350

1500$=200$

1000$=175$

500$=^100$

SURE % U PAY AND get U GIVE ME U DETAIL AND I DO IT

MasterCard, Visa Classic - $75

UK Normal with DOB $12

UK with BINS with DOB $15

UK Normal $5

UK with BINS $8

UK Amex $10

FULLZ FRAN?AISE

MASTER 20$/1

Visa 19$/1

100% valide

-------------.........................

US visa $3/1

US master $3/1

US amex $5/1

US discover $5/1

-------------

UK visa $7/1

UK master $7/1

UK amex $10/1

UK discover $10/1 Switch

-------------

CA visa $9/1

CA master $9/1

CA amex $10/1

-------------

EU visa $10/1

EU master amex $15/1

-------------

AU visa $9/1

AU master$9/1

AU amex $10/1

-------------

US FULLZ $15/1

UK FULLZ $20/1

payment Via Westernunion & LR don't ask me for test

CONTACT ME :

Email address:

YH : franceparie

ICQ : 560859442

RULES

1. I DONT give test free or demo or Screenshot . TO DEAL WITH ME First is TRUST me, if you cant Trust don't contact

2. I only accept western union (WU) and liberty reserve (LR)

3. Replacement is within 48hrs of purchase and replacement is once per order

4. I send you your stuff immediately after payment confirmation or money pick up

5. western union (WU) minimum is 200$

6. minimum order for us dumps paying with liberty reserve(LR) 5pieces minimum