Vista & HP All In One Printer C7100 Series

Old March 25th 08, 09:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
3 Strikes I'm Out?

Default Vista & HP All In One Printer C7100 Series

I purchased a HP Laptop with Vista and have had an HP Printer. After
17-documented hours with HP Tech Support and now my 3rd Replacement Printer,
It still doesn't work right. After working properly for a "few days" it is
now only printing partial pages. Printing will omit some text but prints
other parts. I have been told by HP that its a WINDOWS problem/bug that they
won't fix. I was told the configuration in the Operating System via the
Rediscovery Service through Administrative Tools would require a computer
person to fix it. Their tech. support supposedly did that with me (took 2
hours) and he promised my problem was solved. I am now experiencing the same
problem. HP blames Windows and Windows Blames HP. I work from home and I
need my printer to work. Often times, the printer shows offline and won't
print at all. You'd think 2 HP Products would work seemlessly together.
Fraid not. Any solutions? I have installed and reinstalled the original cd
for the printer and that temporarily cures the problem. There has to be a
glitch somewhere. PLEASE HELP!
Old March 25th 08, 09:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Carey Frisch [MVP][_2_]

The HP Printing Diagnostic Utility was created to diagnose and fix many
common issues preventing printing from the computer:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...2093&lang= en

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Old April 1st 08, 08:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
ColinWH

Except that the Diagnostics Utility will not work with networked printers,
or most ones through a USB bridge!

We have a C8183 AiO - third one now, brand new model, which has suffered
repeated problems from the beginning. HP now say it's Microsofts' fault, and
after paying for M/s support, they tell me it's HPs' fault.
I guess the moral is, do not update to Vista, we've found that the easiest
way, by far, to get everything working together without hiccups, was to but
OEM copies of XP and 'wipe' all our Vista machines and go back to XP.

Colin

Old June 7th 08, 02:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
hrdabster

Hello:

I bought a C7100 over a year ago. I was trying to use the Scan
function and scan to Computer. However, when I pressed it, it said No
Scan Options. The computer is connected to the Printer and for some
reason, it's not doing what it supposed to. I lost the user manual.
Can anyone help me troubleshoot?

-

--
hrdabster
Old June 7th 08, 07:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Download a new user manual. Link on the left hand side of this page:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s... oduct=1153754
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows