IIS Virtual Server 2003 R2 remote desktop etc stopped working

Old October 1st 06, 01:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Scanner2001

Default IIS Virtual Server 2003 R2 remote desktop etc stopped working

I have installed the RC1 version of windows vista 64 bit. Then installed
virtual server 2003R2 version for 64 bit. Everything was working fine. I
could remote desktop to windows vista machine, use the virtual server admin
web from another pc, etc.
I then put in a linksys router, reset it, and was going to use it as a
bridge for wireless inside my network. I then experience many network
issues, not just with vista. I found out that when the linksys reset, it
automatically uses 192.168.0.1 ip address, which is the ip address of my
domain controller. Unplugged the linksys router, got everything back working
in the network except vista. I had to put into safe mode, then enable the
local admin. I then changed from a domain to a workgroup, reboot, added in
the computer back into the domain. Now I can longer do:
1. Remoted desktop into the vista computer
2. ping the vista computer
3. Run the virtual server web site remotely, just get a "Internet Explorer
cannot display the webpage" error.
4. Can not see the default web page or browse folders remotely, i.e.
http://vista1/, where vista1 is the name of the computer

What I can do is
1. from the vista computer, use remote desktop to other computers in the
domain
2. run the virtual server admin web page locally, as both localhost and
http://vista1/virtualserver/vswebapp.exe?view=1
3. I can log in as different domain users, that have access to the vista1
machine
4. I can connect to the administrative share on the vista machnine, i.e.
\\vista1\c$

I do have the allow remote connections checked.

Not sure where else to look, been scouring the web trying to find something,
any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jeff
(p.s. I posted this here, thought it might be a better group to post to
other than the general group, sorry for the cross posting)