Gigital Photos Lost

Old March 27th 08, 07:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
MARY ELLEN

Default Gigital Photos Lost

I downloaded my camera with USB to computer pictures came up and I viewed
them but not I can't find them. I have already deleted them off my camera.
Could someone please help me!!!!!!!!!!
--
Need A Spititual Lift SMILE at someone And They Will Smile Back
Old March 27th 08, 03:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
John Inzer

MARY ELLEN wrote:
I downloaded my camera with USB to computer pictures came up and I
viewed them but not I can't find them. I have already deleted them
off my camera. Could someone please help me!!!!!!!!!!

============================
If the pictures are on your hard drive...
you can do a search for jpg and you
should be able to find them. Just go to...
Start / Search...type in jpg and press...
Enter.

If the search does not find the pictures...
you may have viewed the pictures but
did not actually download them to a folder
on your hard drive.

If you only deleted the pictures from your
memory card and did not format the card...
the following free software may be able
to recover the pictures from the memory
card.

Recuva - File Recovery
http://www.recuva.com/

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Old March 27th 08, 07:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Jeff Richards

What is the utility you are using to download the images? If it has been
provided by the camera manufacturer then the pictures may have been put into
a library that is only accessible from that utility, and you may need to use
that utility to 'export' the files to a folder when you can view them in
Explorer.

Have you tried running the utility you used to download the images and
looking in a 'library' or similar?
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)

Old July 17th 08, 05:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
MattNunavut

"MARY ELLEN" wrote:

I downloaded my camera with USB to computer pictures came up and I viewed
them but not I can't find them. I have already deleted them off my camera.
Could someone please help me!!!!!!!!!!
--
Need A Spititual Lift SMILE at someone And They Will Smile Back

I think I am having the exact same problem. I am pretty new to Vista but
this shouldn't be so difficult. Here is what happened...
I connected my digital camera to my laptop via the standard USB cable. I
chose to download photos using Windows and clicked "Start". I am not sure
what folder the photos were downloaded to. After the photos had all been
downloaded, the folder with all of the photos, including some I had
donwloaded from a different camera ealrier in the day, comes up on the
screen. I did some deleting of the photos I did not want and started copying
and/or moving some of the photos to a new folder I had created. Suddenly,
the view was empty. Thinking I may have accidentally deleted them all, I
searched the recycle bin but the only photos in there were the 40 or so I HAD
wanted to delete, so I emptied the bin. Despite searching under every folder
I could think of, I could not find the pictures. Were they gone forever? I
had a new tactic to locate them- I took a picture with my camera and hooked
it up to the USB cable again. After I downloaded this picture in the same
manner, the computer once again opened a window showing this new photo, as
well as ALL OF THE PICTURES I HAD BEEN LOOKING FOR! Yay, they are still on
the computer- Now all I have to do is look around my screen to determine what
folder I am currently viewing and- WHA?! - the computer just refreshed or
something and now I am only seeing the one photo I just took!!??
I am very frustrated- THose were some important pictures. I have tried
doing an Advanced Search and selecting "show non-indexed files" or whatever,
with no luck. My best thought now is- Is there a way to see ALL pictures
that are on my hard drive? If I can find one of the pictures I am looking
for then I should be able to check its' properties to find out where it
resides on my computer, thereby leading me to all of the lost photos.
Any help is greatly appreicated. Thanks.
Old July 17th 08, 09:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
dbknox[_41_]

If they are indeed "uploaded" to the computer and have not just been
"opened and viewed" from the computer, if you are using the camera
software to upload the pictures and the pictures are not in "user name",
"pictures" folder ( which is sometimes the default folder for some
programs). Then try "right" clicking on the program icon and select
"properties" click on the "open file location" tab and look in the
folders of that file location. Usualy they will be stored in one of the
folders of the program that you used.
Hope this helps, if not let us know and we will keep trying.

--
dbknox
Old July 17th 08, 11:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
ChaosApostle

It really sounds like you found the files on the camera, viewed them,
but didn't actually copy them off the device to your PC manually or even
via any program. If you did you'd have seen a window saying that files
are being copied or moved from your camera's picture folder to your
personal folders. So, if that program (Recuva) that was suggested does
not work for you, I'm sorry for you...

I can't help you with your problem outside of suggesting you the better
way to prevent these issues from happening again.

next time I suggest:

1) X out anything that pops up when you connect your device,
2) go to the "COMPUTER" link
3) find your camera's storage deivce on the listing of drives (like
your HDD)
4) open the folders & find your files
5) copy (click and drag highlight, then right click on one of the
highlighted files and right click for copy) your files from the device
6) Open any folder location you wish them to be and then right click
and paste the copied files to that folder.

Pro's and personal camera users alike find this the safest way to move
not just photos but all and any files from one storage device to
another.

--
ChaosApostle
Old July 24th 08, 04:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
jam123

Hi,

If you have lost images then there is lots of method for vista. You can
recover it by pressing f9 key when restart the system. It will leads to
restore backup and you will get your images back. If still problem
persist you can use 'photo recovery '
(http://www.photo-recovery-software.com)software to recover your lost
images.

--