Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Email Error Message 0x800CCC19

Old March 28th 08, 04:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Solo1307

Default Email Error Message 0x800CCC19

When receiving/sending emails I receive the following error message:

Account: 'jehaar', Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995,
Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

What is the cause of this?

I have mulitple email accounts, and this message is received intermittently
by one or more accounts.

Thanks
Old March 28th 08, 04:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
tempting2taanzaa

I found this on another forum:

things. Most common appears to be interference by your anti-virus program.

I finally fixed this error by running a 'Live Update' session with Norton
Internet Security. I believe this is being caused by one of their update
patches, but their latest ones seem to fix it. Worked for me..
Posted by: Michael Price at February 15, 2007 10:39 AM

--
Check out the great stores listed here! Receive special offers! Visit
http://driven.mysite.com

Old March 28th 08, 05:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Your settings look fine. Which antivirus are you using?

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)

Old March 28th 08, 07:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Solo1307

I am using Trend Micro Internet Security 2008 Program version 16.10.1079.

I exited the Trend Micro Internet Security 2008 Program, and was still
experiencing problems.

I have three PCs on the wireless Network with an older Linksys wireless
router, DSL router, Xbox with wireless access, and VOIP modem.

I have had this same amount of equipment and wireless network for over a
year, but the Windows Mail timeout problem just started tonight.

I will probably shut everything down, and restart all equipment in am to see
if matter clears up.

I also have multiple emails accessing my sbcglobal account servers through
the Windows Mail application.

Thanks,

Michael

Old March 28th 08, 02:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Guest

A recent version of the Trend antivirus program (details not available)
causes assorted problems in Windows Mail. Just disabling the program
seldom helps; you have to uninstall it for much of an improvement.
You sometimes also have to remove your email account under Windows
Mail, then restart Windows Mail and add the account again.

If you have the Google Toolbar program installed, uninstall it also,
since it causes problems in Windows Mail.

If this solves your problem, you may want a replacement antivirus
program that doesn't cause such problems. I recommend either
avast! or AVG, either one with a custom install that tells it to
leave out the part that scans email.

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/5390/us/frt/0?prd=aff

Problems in Windows Mail causes by antivirus programs often take months
to appear.

Old March 28th 08, 09:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

"Solo1307" wrote in message
When receiving/sending emails I receive the following error message:

Account: 'jehaar', Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995,
Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

What is the cause of this?

I have mulitple email accounts, and this message is received
intermittently
by one or more accounts.

Thanks

Email scanning should be turned off in any anti-virus. Also exclude EML
files from the scan. It provides no
protection not provided by the regular resident protection.
Besides that, McAfee and Norton are not compatible with Windows Mail and
Outlook Express and should be uninstalled. The latest version of Trend's
anti-virus seems to be causing problems too.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
www.fjsmjs.com

Old April 1st 08, 09:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
[email protected]

PORFAVOR PODRIAN SI SON TAN AMABLES USAR EL ESPAÑOL PARA AUDARME CON MI
ERROR. PORQUE SI NO ES ASI ELIMINO EL CORREO. GRACIAS