New Realtek HD Audio Drivers -- ver. 1.90 -- 31 March 2007

Old April 7th 08, 12:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
David P.

Default New Realtek HD Audio Drivers -- ver. 1.90 -- 31 March 2007

Download the free standing installer:

This business about the driver issue with SP1 seems to me to be a bit
overdone. You may just have to reinstall a few drivers.

"These drivers do not follow our guidelines for driver installation and as a
result, some beta participants who were using Windows Vista and updated to
Service Pack 1 reported issues with these devices. Because the issue was
with the way the drivers were installed and not the drivers themselves, the
solution was simply to reinstall the drivers."

http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...vista-sp1.aspx

I had to reinstall my Synaptics Touchpad drivers.

You could do the same with your Realtek drivers.

Have a go at it.

"180pilot" wrote in message
But, Microsoft says you need newer version then 6.0.1.6242 from Realtek.
The
only one I saw on Realtek site, I just downloaded is 6.0.1.5591, and
Update
won't let me have SP1???????

"Henry Bobenslob" wrote:

"Cal Bear '66" wrote in message
New Realtek HD Audio Drivers -- ver. 1.90 -- 31 March 2007:

It is now April 2008. Either your post is out of date, or you entered
the
wrong date?

Old April 7th 08, 02:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

No, he isn't. He is saying that Windows Update is not offering you the
upgrade but you can download the standalone installer anyway. You most
likely will need to reinstall the RealTek driver because reinstallation is
the driver problem. The drivers work but have a defect that prevents SP1
from automatically reinstalling the drivers after SP1 is installed. If you
know how to reinstall drivers then you can proceed to SP1. However, SP1
goes onto Automatic Updates in a few days anyway so you might as well just
wait.

"Henry Bobenslob" wrote:

"Cal Bear '66" wrote in message
New Realtek HD Audio Drivers -- ver. 1.90 -- 31 March 2007:

It is now April 2008. Either your post is out of date, or you
entered
the
wrong date?

Old April 7th 08, 12:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Stevey

I have 6.0.1.5591 and Vista is working just fine. I was offered and
downloaded and installed the upgrade with no problems.

SV

"Henry Bobenslob" wrote:

"Cal Bear '66" wrote in message
New Realtek HD Audio Drivers -- ver. 1.90 -- 31 March 2007:

It is now April 2008. Either your post is out of date, or you entered the
wrong date?

Old April 8th 08, 02:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
180pilot

That driver must not be why auto updates is not showing me SP1. On my newer
Fujitsu laptop, update shows it's ready to download already.