New Realtek HD Audio Drivers -- ver. 1.90 -- 31 March 2007

Old March 31st 08, 08:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Cal Bear '66[_2_]

Default New Realtek HD Audio Drivers -- ver. 1.90 -- 31 March 2007

New Realtek HD Audio Drivers -- ver. 1.90 -- 31 March 2007:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...Audio%20Codecs
1. Support ALC663/ALC272.

2. Support ForteMedia microphone effect APO feature.

3. Customizations.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

Old March 31st 08, 08:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Byron Hinson

On 2008-03-31 21:46:53 +0100, "Cal Bear '66" said:

New Realtek HD Audio Drivers -- ver. 1.90 -- 31 March 2007:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...Audio%20Codecs

1.

Support ALC663/ALC272.

2. Support ForteMedia microphone effect APO feature.

3. Customizations.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

Should also help stop some of those SP1 installation problems too
seeing that Realtek was one of the companies whose drivers had been
causing problems.
--
Byron Hinson
http://www.byronhinson.com

Old March 31st 08, 09:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Edward[_5_]

"Cal Bear '66" schreef in bericht
New Realtek HD Audio Drivers -- ver. 1.90 -- 31 March 2007:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...Audio%20Codecs
1. Support ALC663/ALC272.

2. Support ForteMedia microphone effect APO feature.

3. Customizations.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

Is Realtek giving automatic updates or do I have to keep an eye on the site
every now and then?

Old March 31st 08, 10:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Cal Bear '66[_2_]

There is no way to get automatic updates (as far as I know) directly from
Realtek. And the Realtek updates from Windows Update are w a y, w a y
outdated.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

New Realtek HD Audio Drivers -- ver. 1.90 -- 31 March 2007:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...wn=false#High%
20Definition%20Audio%20Codecs

1. Support ALC663/ALC272.

2. Support ForteMedia microphone effect APO feature.

3. Customizations.

Is Realtek giving automatic updates or do I have to keep an eye on the site
every now and then?

Old April 1st 08, 12:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Spirit

Strange I downloaded and installed R190 and it loaded a driver
older than R160... I had 6.0.1-5374 and 6.0.01-5217 was in
R190. So I reverted to my previous one.

"Cal Bear '66" wrote in message
New Realtek HD Audio Drivers -- ver. 1.90 -- 31 March 2007:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...Audio%20Codecs
1. Support ALC663/ALC272.

2. Support ForteMedia microphone effect APO feature.

3. Customizations.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

Old April 1st 08, 01:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Dave T.[_2_]

"Cal Bear '66" wrote in message
New Realtek HD Audio Drivers -- ver. 1.90 -- 31 March 2007:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...Audio%20Codecs

1. Support ALC663/ALC272.

2. Support ForteMedia microphone effect APO feature.

3. Customizations.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

Spirit,
just a guess on my part, but I have seen this before. I think that they
incorporate an earlier driver along with whatever other updates because
of problems with one or more newer drivers. Personally, I always go with
the newest revision number as long as it works on my machine.
--
Dave T.

"Your attitude serves as a lens through which you see life, and it's
best when that lens is focused on the positive possibilities." - Ralph
Marston
Old April 1st 08, 05:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Spirit[_3_]

I downloaded the ZIP version and ran it, sure enough an older driver was
installed.
So I ran it again and an even older version was installed. After running it
4 times
finally the newest version was installed. My guess is the old drivers were
installed
via Windows Update and the Setup for the new one had to uninstalled each of
the old versions 1 at a time.

"Dave T." wrote in message
news

"Cal Bear '66" wrote in message
New Realtek HD Audio Drivers -- ver. 1.90 -- 31 March 2007:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...Audio%20Codecs
1. Support ALC663/ALC272.

2. Support ForteMedia microphone effect APO feature.

3. Customizations.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

Spirit,
just a guess on my part, but I have seen this before. I think that they
incorporate an earlier driver along with whatever other updates because of
problems with one or more newer drivers. Personally, I always go with the
newest revision number as long as it works on my machine.
--
Dave T.

"Your attitude serves as a lens through which you see life, and it's best
when that lens is focused on the positive possibilities." - Ralph Marston

Old April 1st 08, 01:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Michael O

Is Realtek offering drivers with Bas and Treble yet? I know there is an EQ,
but I sort of prefer the KISS method. I'd love to dump my Creative card.

"Cal Bear '66" wrote in message
New Realtek HD Audio Drivers -- ver. 1.90 -- 31 March 2007:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...Audio%20Codecs
1. Support ALC663/ALC272.

2. Support ForteMedia microphone effect APO feature.

3. Customizations.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

Old April 3rd 08, 01:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Henry Bobenslob

"Cal Bear '66" wrote in message
New Realtek HD Audio Drivers -- ver. 1.90 -- 31 March 2007:

It is now April 2008. Either your post is out of date, or you entered the
wrong date?

Old April 6th 08, 11:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
180pilot

But, Microsoft says you need newer version then 6.0.1.6242 from Realtek. The
only one I saw on Realtek site, I just downloaded is 6.0.1.5591, and Update
won't let me have SP1???????