Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Mail

Old April 1st 08, 05:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

Default Mail

I am able to receive e-mail but cannot send anything. When I try to send
e-mail, it gets sent to my out box. I am using windows mail. Anyone have
suggestions on how to fix this
Old April 1st 08, 11:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
mac

"T" wrote in message
I am able to receive e-mail but cannot send anything. When I try to send
e-mail, it gets sent to my out box. I am using windows mail. Anyone have
suggestions on how to fix this

Please post any complete error messages that are given when you try to send.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP : Mail.

Old April 1st 08, 02:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
cojhughes

I'm getting the same thing. Here is what I got:

The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the
server name correctly.
Subject 'Arrival and Departure TIMES are wrong???', Account: 'POP3',
Server: 'POP3', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

I know nothing about setting up email, just use yahoo for all that stuff.
--
John Hughes

Old April 1st 08, 02:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Guest

"T" wrote in message
I am able to receive e-mail but cannot send anything. When I try to send
e-mail, it gets sent to my out box. I am using windows mail. Anyone have
suggestions on how to fix this

Try to move messages from your Outbox to your Drafts folder, or delete
them, starting with the oldest message there. If you find any that refuse
either move or delete, let us know.

Also, what if any antivirus programs do you have?

Click on any error message you get when you try to send mail and copy
it into your next message.

Old April 1st 08, 03:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Guest

'POP3' is an invalid server name, although it is valid as a protocol. The
proper server names depend on which email provider you are using.
Many people choose their internet provider as their email provider also,
since most internet accounts include one or more email accounts.

If you want to use yahoo.com as your email provider under Windows
Mail, you have to either pay extra or install YPOPs.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mai...op/pop-35.html

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mai...op/pop-08.html

http://ypopsemail.com/

If you'd rather use another email provider, tell us which one and we'll
check
if we already know where to find their instructions.

"cojhughes" wrote in message
I'm getting the same thing. Here is what I got:

The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered
the
server name correctly.
Subject 'Arrival and Departure TIMES are wrong???', Account: 'POP3',