Can not get printers to work with cscript prnmngr.vbs in Vista

Old April 3rd 08, 04:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
NIZMOZ

Default Can not get printers to work with cscript prnmngr.vbs in Vista

I have tried the original ones that work on Windows XP Pro, and Vista doesn't like them.  Here are the errors we get in screen shots.  I have moved the files over from the en_US to the system32 folder. So this isn't the problem.  I tried it with and without " "Any help would be great! Thanks.

Old April 3rd 08, 05:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Can you post the error?

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

Old April 3rd 08, 07:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
NIZMOZ

It's in the attachment.

Old April 4th 08, 01:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Alan Morris [MSFT]

I can't access the attachment..

I'm gone for a couple weeks so don't expect an answer

You cannot install non signed drivers using the WMI print interfaces. If
you get a digital signature warning when adding the driver using the UI, you
can't use the scripts to add the driver.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base he

NIZMOZ wrote in message ...
It's in the attachment.

Old April 4th 08, 03:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Also if you are using the script to install a printer connection, you will
need to modify the Point and Print restrictions policy

Point and Print Security on Windows Vista

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device...staPnPSec.mspx

--

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote in message
I can't access the attachment..

I'm gone for a couple weeks so don't expect an answer

You cannot install non signed drivers using the WMI print interfaces. If
you get a digital signature warning when adding the driver using the UI,
you can't use the scripts to add the driver.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base he

rights.

NIZMOZ wrote in message ...
It's in the attachment.

Old April 4th 08, 08:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
NIZMOZ

Here is the screenshot this time I put it on my webserver.Errors are as follows:Unable to add printer connection Win32 error code 3019Unable to add printer connection Win32 error code 1801My script is for the first 3019 error:cscript prnmngr.vbs -ac -p \tserver3\LANIER_ECI_WKRMand the 1801 error wascscript prnmngr.vbs -ac -p \tserver3\"PMNC Brother_DCP7200"

Old April 4th 08, 08:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
NIZMOZ

Your link doesn't work.
Quote:
Anonymous (4/2/2008)[hr]Post in reply to: Alan Morris [MSFT]Also if you are using the script to install a printer connection, you will need to modify the Point and Print restrictions policyPoint and Print Security on Windows Vistahttp://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/print/VistaPnPSec.mspx-- Alan MorrisWindows Printing TeamSearch the Microsoft Knowledge Base hehttp://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Old April 4th 08, 09:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Alan Morris [MSFT]

You need to configure the Point and Print restriction in Vista for the 3019
error

you have to download the document

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device...staPnPSec.mspx

the policy is in the user section of gpedit.msc

be sure to update the policy before running the script (or wait 20 minutes
or reboot)

the 1801 error

E:\winerror 1801
1801 ERROR_INVALID_PRINTER_NAME -- No NTSTATUS matched