Vista Banter

-   -   Toshiba, Live Messenger and built in web cam (http://www.vistabanter.com/116679-toshiba-live-messenger-built-web-cam.html)

Alexa April 4th 08 06:14 PM

Toshiba, Live Messenger and built in web cam

When I use Windows Live Messenger & want to make a video call, it will say
webcam blocked being used by another application. If I reboot I can get the
webcam to work. What other program is using the webcam? Can I disable it so
the webcam works all the time on video calls on Live Messenger?
Sometimes it works, but just as soon it freezes the whole machine and have
to reboot by unplugging the power cord. Any suggestions to avoid these
problems?

leuz2008 May 2nd 08 11:25 PM

Toshiba, Live Messenger and built in web cam

Hi this is Leo and I'm Having the same problem with my cam even if I'm not
using any live operation and I only want tyo record and test the cam ,I
receive the same message that is blocked by another application. does anyone
can tell me what has to be done to make it work normally? If YOU have same
problem and same laptop( just bought 2 days ago) and YOU have a skype o live
msn I can be contacted on both using name leuz2008. my audio works and people
can hear me but I cant display my cam is all blak! please some one give me a
hand thanks!