Vista/WMP11 MPEG-1 (50) Missing Codec Problem

Old April 8th 08, 12:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Saidas

Default Vista/WMP11 MPEG-1 (50) Missing Codec Problem

I just got Vista Home Premium and went to download files that I had no
problem doing with XP and I get:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file (or cannot play either the
audio or video portion of the file) because the Microsoft MPEG-1 (50)
codec is not installed on your computer".

I've checked a few forums and evidently this is a wideapread problem
without a solution other than using another media player which I don't
want to have to do. Why is this even a problem since all are MS products
and Vista has been in release for some time now?

Does anyone have a fix other than my using Winamp?

--
Saidas

Old April 8th 08, 02:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Saidas[_3_]

Sorry, I don't understand your reply "GOM player?"

--
Saidas

Old April 8th 08, 04:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Edward[_5_]

"Saidas" schreef in bericht

http://www.gomplayer.com/whatisgom.html

Old April 9th 08, 08:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
zachd [MSFT]

That indicates that something likely stomped on the system's MPEG decoder.

What is listed under WMP's Help:about:Technical Support Information menu
tool's "DVD/MPEG filters" list?

--
Speaking for myself only.

Old December 4th 08, 08:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
AirDale21

i'm not the same guy who posted this original message but i got the same
problem... my MPEG/DVD Filters are as follows:

video CyberLink Video/SP Decoder CLVSD.ax 8.1.0.919
video Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Decoder msmpeg2vdec.dll 11.0.6001.7000
video MainConcept (Muvee) MPEG-2 Video Decoder muveem2vd.ax 1.1.0.9816

video MainConcept (Muvee) MPEG Video Decoder muveedsmpeg.ax 1.0.0.77
video Roxio Smart Encoder MPEG2VidCodec.dll 9.0.5.79
video roxio DCFilters Mpeg I/II Decoder DCFilters9.dll 9.0.5.77
video Roxio Smart Decoder MPEG2VidCodec.dll 9.0.5.79
video Roxio MPEG2 Video Decoder MPEG2VidCodec.dll 9.0.5.79
video CBVA DMO wrapper filter cbva.dll 6.0.6001.18000
video Roxio MPEG2 Encoder MPEG2VidCodec.dll 9.0.5.79
video Sonic MPEG Video Decoder sonicdsmpeg.ax 1.1.3858.0
video Sonic MPEG-2 Video Decoder sonicm2vd.ax 1.0.197.60322
video CyberLink Video/SP Decoder CLVSD.ax 6.0.0.3202
video QuickPlay Video/SP Decoder PCMRVSD80.ax 8.1.0.1026
audio Microsoft MPEG-1/DD Audio Decoder msmpeg2adec.dll 11.0.6001.7000

audio MainConcept (Muvee) MPEG Audio Decoder muveedsmpeg.ax 1.0.0.77
audio CyberLink Audio Wizard CLAudWizard.ax 1.0.0.1215
audio CyberLink Audio Decoder (QP) CLAud.ax 6.1.8.4701
audio Sonic MPEG Audio Decoder sonicdsmpeg.ax 1.1.3858.0
audio QuickPlay Audio Decoder PCMRAudX.ax 6.1.8.4604
audio CyberLink Audio Decoder (HomeNetwork) CLAud.ax 6.1.0.4115
audio Roxio Audio Decoder (DVD) RoxioDVDAudio.dll 9.0.5.79

please inform me as to wat i'm missing/need to do

--
AirDale21
AirDale21's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/airdale21.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old December 5th 08, 08:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
zachd [MSFT]

TechArena is a bad site that makes helping people harder. I have no idea
what you're replying to.

You have a number of MPEG filters installed - I can't imagine a good reason
for that. I would suggest only installing codecs you specifically need.
Since you've got a ton of filters here that are going to conflict with each
other, that sounds like the source of your problem. I would suggest
figuring out what installed those why, and removing whatever is installing
five redundant sets of codecs to your system.

--
Speaking for myself only.

Old May 28th 09, 07:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Chronia

Did anyone ever find a solutions to this problem, becasue I am having it
too. Files that played fine on XP now won't play in Vista. I don't want
to switch media players, and renaming the file is not a solution. I have
Vista hom Premium. I don't under stand any of the technical threads I've
read all over the web. The replies in this thread also make no sense as
I believe they are copies from other forums. Does anyone have a solution
to this? I have tried downloading Vista Codecs Pack and that did not fix
the problem.

If anyone has a proper solution that will allow me to run media player
without renaming the files please let me know by replying here (local to
this forum, mirrored and copied posts from other forums (such as in
above posts) gets VERY confusing and causes a ALOT of unessecary jumping
around). I'd appreciate it. Thanks

--
Chronia
Old May 28th 09, 10:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Saidas[_10_]

I'm the guy who made the original post. Though it has been awhile since
I posted, if I remember correctly, it was K-Lite Codec Pack that did the
trick for me. Google it and check it out. I hope it works for you.

--
Saidas

Old July 27th 09, 08:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
sreesreeraj12

i want that software

--
sreesreeraj12