Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

How can I turn off Narrator?

Old September 8th 06, 08:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Alejo

Default How can I turn off Narrator?

Somehow I turned it on, but I can't stop it from starting every time I boot
the computer. I can't find the options anywhere.

Old September 8th 06, 08:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Alejo

I'll answer my own post as I figured it out pretty quickly. There is no
option to turn it off within the application dialog box or from most of the
other likely sources. You have to go to Accessories/Ease of Access/Ease of
Access Center, then, under Explore all Settings, click Use the Computer
without a Display. There is a checkbox in there to turn off the Narrator.

Old September 28th 06, 10:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
radivx

Thanx for your help! I almost destroyed the machine because of that stupid
narrator thing! I've looked around for 15 minutes after a way to turn it
off....

Old November 8th 06, 03:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Briab Guy

I found that box after about 20min of searching. BUT, after I un tic it , it
just starts up the next time I boot, and the box is re-checked.
Is there another way?

Old June 9th 08, 05:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Martin (NOR)

Thank you very much. I'm Norwegian - and when I pressed the narrator on, it
went all crazy!!! I couldn't understand what it was saying!! Finally it's
quiet now, but the program is still coming up on the screen. Any ideas to
remove that?

By the way - THANK YOU!

- Martin -

Old January 28th 09, 05:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
YoJoey30

OH MY GOD THANK YOU!!!! Seriously, I've been dealin with this for
MONTHS, and could never figure it out! Finally it dawned on me to check
for postings on this issue. Oddly enough, yours was the only one that
REALLY told how to do it. Others were wrong..

Again, THANK YOU!!

Joey Bukouras
Milwaukee, Wi.

--
YoJoey30

Old July 15th 09, 05:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
compukiwi

Haha Mr Windows has got us all fooled as usual its simple but like most
things since 3.1 (remember that) not easy to find.
1/ Restart your computer.
2/ At the login page on the lower left of screen you see the ease of
access button.
3/ Left click and bingo a dialogue opens
4/ There you can turn Narrator On/Off.

All of which raises the question how is Microsoft the largest supplier
of OS systems when we have all gone grey trying to figure it out????

--
compukiwi
compukiwi's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/114832.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old July 15th 09, 07:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Travis Bickle

compukiwi wrote:

Haha Mr Windows has got us all fooled as usual

[snip]

The post you replied to was made in JANUARY OF 2008, so my guess is
that the OP found the solution long ago.