Free antivirus software recomendation

Old August 20th 08, 09:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
free anti-virus/spyware software

Default Free antivirus software recomendation

"GT" wrote:

I'm not going to renew my current antivirus subcriptions. Is AVG Free Edition
still good enough to use? when using the software does user need to sign-up?
any thoughts in this software

Old August 20th 08, 10:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
free anti-virus/spyware software[_2_]

Old August 20th 08, 10:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Kayman[_5_]

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 02:22:00 -0700, free anti-virus/spyware wrote:

"GT" wrote:

I'm not going to renew my current antivirus subcriptions.

Ensure to remove (uninstall) the AV program *completely* from your
operating system! Some makers provide an 'uninstall' tool.

Is AVG Free Edition still good enough to use?

AVG has become bloated and lust its lustre.
Good quality (free) alternatives a-
Avira AntiVir® Personal - FREE Antivirus
http://www.free-av.com/
(The free version won't scan your emails.)
You may wish to consider removing the 'AntiVir Nagscreen'
http://www.elitekiller.com/files/dis...ntivir_nag.htm

--or--

Free antivirus - avast! 4 Home Edition
It includes ANTI-SPYWARE protection, certified by the West Coast Labs
Checkmark process, and ANTI-ROOTKIT DETECTION based on the best-in class
GMER technology.
(Choose Custom Installation and under Resident
Protection, uncheck: Internet Mail and Outlook/Exchange.)

Why You Don't Need Your Anti-Virus Program to Scan Your E-Mail
http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tuto...ning/index.htm
Ensure your e-mail program is configured to display e-mail messages in
'Plain Text' only.

when using the software does user need to sign-up?

No.

any thoughts in this software

Either one is adequate for the average homeuser, though AntiVir appears to
be a better application (IMO).
Old August 20th 08, 05:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Flight

"Kayman" schreef in bericht

"GT" wrote:

[...]

I must say: Avira is for me one of the best.

Old August 24th 08, 03:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Chris[_19_]

A review of free AV products:

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best...s-software.htm

Cheers!

Old August 24th 08, 11:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Flight

"Chris" schreef in bericht

wrote in message

"GT" wrote:

I'm not going to renew my current antivirus subcriptions. Is AVG Free
Edition
still good enough to use? when using the software does user need to
sign-up?
any thoughts in this software

And they agree with me, as you can see: Avira is the best.

Old August 24th 08, 01:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Ramesh MVP[_40_]

AVG and Avast both are good Anti virus solutions! I recommend too for
FREE

--
Ramesh MVP

RAMESH KUMAR
Microsoft MVP: 'My MVP Profile'
(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Ramesh.Kumar)
My Blog: 'It's My Windows' (http://itsmywindows.com)
Ramesh MVP's Profile: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=17
View this thread: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4603

Old August 24th 08, 02:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Flight

"Ramesh MVP" schreef in bericht

AVG and Avast both are good Anti virus solutions! I recommend too for
FREE

--
Ramesh MVP

RAMESH KUMAR
Microsoft MVP: 'My MVP Profile'
(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Ramesh.Kumar)
My Blog: 'It's My Windows' (http://itsmywindows.com)
Ramesh MVP's Profile: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=17
View this thread: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4603

Well, Microsoft himself say otherwise. And read this:
http://www.techsupportalert.com/best...s-software.htm

Old June 8th 09, 04:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
nemscat2001

"Mark H" wrote:

AVG or avast! are both highly recommended in the free world.

Old June 21st 09, 02:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Austin

From: PC Tech UpTime, AVG Authorized Reseller
DATE: June 20, 2009

AVG is without a doubt the best security software to install on your
computer. The Free version is available at: www.avgfree.com. It is for
private personal use.

For those in business there are several professional versions is available
with 1 or 2 year subscriptions. You can get from 1 to 100 licenses. The best
deal is the Internet Security (3) pack with a two year subscription for
$99.98.

AVG beats nearly all the software that comes loaded on PCs today. Check out
a 30-day trial version today and see. Nothing beats the stability and
protection while being so easy to use.

Check out our site to find out more! http://www.pctechuptime.com

Austin, technician