Vista Banter

-   -   Mouse pauses hangs locks up (http://www.vistabanter.com/117924-mouse-pauses-hangs-locks-up.html)

idirector April 11th 08 11:10 AM

Mouse pauses hangs locks up

If I'm in a video demanding environment (counter strike) my mouse hangs,
locks or pauses.

If I move my mouse fast it also locks up from time to time. Sometimes
it locks up for like 5 seconds or so. When it locks up I can hear the
system shut the port on and off because I hear the ding. It also
happens frequently when I pick up the mouse to move it.

I have quad 2.4 intel.
4gb ram
Vista ultimate 32 bit
mx510 through USB.

Mouse seems to work on my laptop and other desktop and both are XP.
I d/led the newest drivers for the 510 and I have scoured the net for
info on my problem.

Thanks in advance.

--
idirector

t-4-2[_10_] April 12th 08 09:15 PM

Mouse pauses hangs locks up

idirector;679958 Wrote:
If I'm in a video demanding environment (counter strike) my mouse hangs,
locks or pauses.

If I move my mouse fast it also locks up from time to time. Sometimes
it locks up for like 5 seconds or so. When it locks up I can hear the
system shut the port on and off because I hear the ding. It also happens
frequently when I pick up the mouse to move it.

I have quad 2.4 intel.
4gb ram
Vista ultimate 32 bit
mx510 through USB.

Mouse seems to work on my laptop and other desktop and both are XP.
I d/led the newest drivers for the 510 and I have scoured the net for
info on my problem.

Thanks in advance.

Hello, I'm quite sure you have a wireless mouse. I'm even more sure
that you had installed the optional update "Other hardware hid non-user
input data filter".( It's for wireless mouse & keyboard. You need that
for Vista.) Which leaves ; have you tried using a different USB port ?

--
t-4-2

idirector[_2_] April 12th 08 09:51 PM

Mouse pauses hangs locks up

I have a wired mx510. I also have tried different ports.

--
idirector

t-4-2[_11_] April 12th 08 10:07 PM

Mouse pauses hangs locks up

idirector;681491 Wrote:
I have a wired mx510. I also have tried different ports.

Hello, my apology, I did not read your post carefully. So much for my
speculations. Good thing I didn't have to make a bet. How about using a
different mouse. Might have an incompatible mouse , worth a try, isn't
it ? I know you said it works in XPs, but Vista is a strange animal. (
It's stranger if you have SP1.)

--
t-4-2

idirector[_3_] April 13th 08 03:41 AM

Mouse pauses hangs locks up

I have used a regular dell optical mouse and it worked fine.

The mx510 still works on XP.

--
idirector

t-4-2[_16_] April 13th 08 03:54 AM

Mouse pauses hangs locks up

idirector;681794 Wrote:
t-4-2;681509 Wrote:

Hello, my apology, I did not read your post carefully. So much for my
speculations. Good thing I didn't have to make a bet. How about using a
different mouse. Might have an incompatible mouse , worth a try, isn't
it ? I know you said it works in XPs, but Vista is a strange animal. (
It's stranger if you have SP1.)

Don't worry about the assumption. Also, I do have Ultimate SP1.

Hello, one more assumption. You dell optical mouse works fine on your
vista ultimate, and your mx510 works fine on your XPs. Right ?Problem
solved, right ?

--
t-4-2

idirector[_4_] April 13th 08 08:50 AM

Mouse pauses hangs locks up

I don't really like using the dell optical. I was hoping to use my
optical on my machine, while my sister, who uses her computer as a
Television, use a regular mouse. I like the functionality of the mx510.

--
idirector

t-4-2[_19_] April 13th 08 05:15 PM

Mouse pauses hangs locks up

idirector;681883 Wrote:
I don't really like using the dell optical. I was hoping to use my
optical on my machine, while my sister, who uses her computer as a
Television, use a regular mouse. I like the functionality of the mx510.

Hello. Seems to me it's a compatibility matter. The next best thing is
to shop around for one with similar features as mx510, but with windows
logo indicating that it's compatible with vista.

--
t-4-2

dangrs June 12th 08 11:14 AM

Mouse pauses hangs locks up

idirector;679958 Wrote:
If I'm in a video demanding environment (counter strike) my mouse hangs,
locks or pauses.

If I move my mouse fast it also locks up from time to time. Sometimes
it locks up for like 5 seconds or so. When it locks up I can hear the
system shut the port on and off because I hear the ding. It also happens
frequently when I pick up the mouse to move it.

I have quad 2.4 intel.
4gb ram
Vista ultimate 32 bit
mx510 through USB.

Mouse seems to work on my laptop and other desktop and both are XP.
I d/led the newest drivers for the 510 and I have scoured the net for
info on my problem.

Thanks in advance.

I have the exact same problem, i to play CS and my mouse does the same
thing .
did u find a solution yet ?

--
dangrs