Vista Banter

-   -   USB PORTS (http://www.vistabanter.com/118157-usb-ports.html)

Benjamin April 12th 08 01:57 PM

USB PORTS

My usb ports are not recognizing any usb devices, I hv tried lots of
troubleshooting, but all to no good, I hv also read in threads were people
point the driver installation to c:\windows... n it solved their
problem............. can someone plz tel mii how to point the driver
installation to c:\windows..........
any solution would b appreciated.......

Fred Anbee April 14th 08 09:58 PM

USB PORTS

"Benjamin" wrote:

My usb ports are not recognizing any usb devices,

Hi Benjamin,
I had the same problem. In my case the files usbstore.inf and usbstore.pnf
were missing in my \windows\inf directory.
I made a subdirectory in \windows\inf called usbstorage. I copyed this two
files from a XP machine and also COPYED usbstore.sys from
\windows\system32\drivers (thus the vista version)
After this I plugged in my MP3 player and it worked!! Also my navigation
device and my foto camera.
If you're also missing this two files, try this.