After Recent Vista Update my batterie doesn't load

Old April 12th 08, 03:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
AnaRaquel

Default After Recent Vista Update my batterie doesn't load

After Recent Vista Update my batterie doesn't load and it indicates 0%. As
anyone had that problem? How can I solve it?
Old April 12th 08, 08:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
t-4-2[_9_]

AnaRaquel;681190 Wrote:
After Recent Vista Update my batterie doesn't load and it indicates 0%.
As
anyone had that problem? How can I solve it?

Hello, don't blame the update yet. Depending on what type of battery
your computer has, my owner manual says my battery's life span is 300
discharge/charge cycles. After that, time to buy a new one. Open your
owner manual, it will tell you how to check the battery health etc.

--
t-4-2
Old April 13th 08, 08:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
AnaRaquel

But my notebook ASUS F9S is practically new: about 7 months and I din’t
charge and discharge that often. So I doubt it is because of that, especially
because it occurred after Vista Update… Thank you.

Old April 13th 08, 05:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
t-4-2[_22_]

"t-4-2" wrote:

AnaRaquel;681190 Wrote:
Hello, don't blame the update yet. Depending on what type of battery
your computer has, my owner manual says my battery's life span is 300
discharge/charge cycles. After that, time to buy a new one. Open your
owner manual, it will tell you how to check the battery health etc.

--
t-4-2

Hello, Ana. What I am going to suggest from here on is strictly
unscientific.I could be way off. Step #1. I am sure you have already
done these - check if your battery pack is securely connected, plug it
to a different electrical outlet to check for faulty outlet.
Step #2. You said it's the update. Can you pinpoint which update ? If
yes, uninstall it by : Control Panel Classic View Windows Update
click View Update History click Installed Updates, from there pick out
the alledged culprit, highlight it, click Uninstall.
After that, go backward " --- " to windows update window, left panel
click Change Settings, click the box that says " check for updates but
let me choose -----". The update which you blame on will not be
installed without your ok. Now see if your batter is recharging. (
Personally, I don't think so. ) Step #3. All else fails, a trip to the
local computer repair shop. Keep me posted please.

--
t-4-2

Old April 15th 08, 08:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
AnaRaquel

I'm really sorry I thought it was because of Vista Update.
After sending a mail to ASUS and updating BIOS, my battery is working. Thank
you and I am really sorry.