This device cannot start. (Code 10) CDROM woes

Old April 16th 08, 03:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Matty

Default This device cannot start. (Code 10) CDROM woes

Right, heres the comp spec first

Hardware
Gigabyte P35-DS4
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
4.0Gb DDR2
2X Seagate ST3250410AS 250GB
1X Seagate ST3500320AS 500GB
1X Optiarc_DVD_RW_AD-7170S

Software
Vista Ultimate X64 Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001

the 3 HDD and 1 CDROM are non RAID configed and are AHCI

now the problem is that the cdrom worked fine for ages then it vanished
(dont know when this happerned, needed it and it wasent there) so went into
Device manager and the cdrom has a yellow symbol, clicked it and its got
"This device cannot start. (Code 10)" so i reinstalled the drivers and it did
get rid of the yellow symbol, could read the root of a disk then it would
hang, couldent burn to a disk, would hang after 25%, tryed another cd rom
driver (external USB2 lighton) now there wasent no yellow symbol but it would
do the same as before, would reboot and the yellow symbol would be there.
tryed cd booting and it was fine.

now i had powerdvd installed and in Problem Reports and Solutions it said
there was an update to fix the cdrom prob, installed the fix and nothing, so
i uninstalled powerdvd and nothing, uninstalled quicktime, nothing, looked in
the reg for the keys to del, there not even there??

im now really fed up as i need a cdrom and with other buggy things goin on
in vista im thinking of going back to XP as the Copy engine is better than
vista

thanks for reading this

Old June 30th 09, 06:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
xcrazysimonex

I have this same problem tho mine doesn't even show up with yellow
symbol in device manager!! did you manage to sort this? if so how

--
xcrazysimonex
xcrazysimonex's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/110269.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old June 30th 09, 07:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Frank Holman[_2_]

xcrazysimonex wrote:

I have this same problem tho mine doesn't even show up with yellow
symbol in device manager!! did you manage to sort this?

It's been over a freaking year, so probably.

Old June 30th 09, 11:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
xcrazysimonex[_2_]

no need to be funny I only asked as I am trying to fix mine, if you
can't be helpful don't bother saying anything at all!!!

Old July 1st 09, 12:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_4_]

Who are you responding to and what are the details of your problem.
Your post which follows has any work while information snipped.

Old July 1st 09, 04:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Peter Foldes

Read the whole page

http://www.pchell.com/hardware/usbcode10.shtml

--