firewall won't start

Old April 18th 08, 07:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Johan

Default firewall won't start

I do have the free version of Avira antivir installed.

"GTS" wrote:

Have you ever had a 3rd party firewall or security suite installed on this
computer?
--

"GTS" x wrote in message ...
Try running this command in an elevated command prompt netsh winsock
reset
Reboot and then try enabling the firewall. This recently worked for me in
servicing a customers machine with the same problem.
--

"Johan" wrote in message
Hi,
My firewall gives me this error message when i try to set it on.
"Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall service."
I have just installed SP1 but the problem started before that.

Old April 18th 08, 04:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
GTS

That shouldn't cause any problem. Does the event log have any useful
information? Also, here's one article (that may or may not apply to your
issue).
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943996/en-us

Old April 25th 08, 11:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Keyser Soze

"Johan" wrote in message
Hi,
My firewall gives me this error message when i try to set it on.
"Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall service."
I have just installed SP1 but the problem started before that.

Try to delete

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Policies \ Microsoft \ WindowsFirewall

Cheers

Old March 11th 10, 02:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
pacinitaly

nothing works

|Filename: Capture3.JPG |
|Download: http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18667|

pacinitaly

SpellCherkers aren't worth a shirt ya no

If I helped you, please tip my scales. If I have not, curse me out like
a drunken sailor