Can't I view thumbnails in Vista?

Old April 19th 08, 12:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Roberto Carruso

Default Can't I view thumbnails in Vista?

I can only view icons, list, details and tiles. Why can't I see thumbnails
like in previous versions?

Old April 19th 08, 01:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Dave

In Windows Explorer, click on "Organize" - "Folder and Search Options" -
"View" tab
uncheck "[ ] Always show icons, never thumbnails"
Apply
OK

--
Vista Home Premium 32 SP1
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

Old April 19th 08, 01:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Mr Smiley[_18_]

Hi Robert

Go to the Start Menu - Control Panel - Folder Options - View - Files
and Folders - Uncheck 'Always show icons, never thumbnails'

Let us know if that rectifies your problem.

Kind regards

Neil

--
Mr Smiley

- Asus P5W DH Deluxe MB (BIOS 2704)
- Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.16GHz CPU
- G-Skill DDR2 800 4GB RAM
- Seagate 2 x 320GB Sata HD (Intel Raid0)
- Leadtek/Nvidia 7900 GT-TDH GPU
- Asus MB Onboard Realtek HD Audio (SPDIF)
- Logitech Z-5400 THX Digital 5.1
- Dell 2407WFP UltraSharp 24" LCD
- Antec 550W v2.0 PSU
- Antec P180 Case
- Logitech diNovo Edge KB
- Logitech G5 Laser Mouse
- Vista Ultimate x64 SP1
Old January 10th 09, 12:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
tonyd48

Thanks, 100 times over I confirmed the 'Always show icons, never
thumbnails' was not selected and still could not view thumbnails.
Finally surrendered and set Photo Gallery view all the defaults and now
I've got my thumbnails back for Corel Drw & Corel Paint.

--
tonyd48
Old July 28th 09, 08:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
NinOK

tonyd48;934958 Wrote:
Thanks, 100 times over I confirmed the 'Always show icons, never
thumbnails' was not selected and still could not view thumbnails.
Finally surrendered and set Photo Gallery view all the defaults and now
I've got my thumbnails back for Corel Drw & Corel Paint.

Have same problem, but same actions did not solve my problem.....

--
NinOK
Old August 6th 09, 02:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
sonia[_2_]

This works for everything except psd C4 icons - Any idea how I can get
them to show? They used to show, and suddenly stopped!

--
sonia
Old August 6th 09, 06:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Ray Luca

sonia wrote:

This works for everything except psd C4 icons - Any idea how I can get
them to show? They used to show, and suddenly stopped!

Who are you replying to? One of the people who were here (and are now
gone) in April of 2008?
Old August 8th 09, 01:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
sonia[_2_]

Sorry - I really just want to know from anybody on the formus who uses
CS4 how they get the psd icons to show as thumbnails in Windows Photo
Gallery. This worked find with CS2, but although Windows shows all the
file types, including raw, it will no longer show Photoshop psd. The
thumbnails now have a IrfanView logo, and will only open in IrfanView,
Adobe, or Bridge.

--
sonia