Old February 18th 07, 06:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DandyDon

Default Building or Buying a Brand New Windows Vista Compatible PC?

If you buy a prebuilt computer from any manufacturer with Vista on it the
computer itself will run fine. It has to, or they are liable to fix it.The
warnings about drivers are for the devices you connect to it, such as
printers,cameras,scanners, USB backup drives,etc.
Run the Vista Advisor on the old computer with all your devices attached.
Make sure it finds each one and reports driver status. Also check Microsofts
Hardware Compatibility List.
Also check your device manufacturers website for Vista compatible drivers.

Here is a link to an article about building your own Vista PC.
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...2015423,00.asp

"Avarice" wrote in message
My computer is over 4 years old now and I am ready to turn it into a
secondary computer in my home. I currently have Windows Vista Ultimate
installed on it, but because the hardware is somewhat old, I'm not getting
very good experience with it. With that said, I'm ready to "go all out"
with
the designing of my new PC. I am looking for different Windows Vista PC
design guides, but was only able to come up with one at
http://techreport.com/etc/2007q1/sys...e/index.x?pg=1

Does anyone have any additional guides or information on how to build a
Windows Vista compatible PC from the ground up (barebones kit is good
too)?
If someone could point me to a reliable manufacturer of Windows Vista PCs,
that would be great too. From what I see now, most manufacturers (even
Dell)
have warnings about driver incompatibilities with Windows Vista and that
is
what worries me.