Windows shows low graphics perfofmance score

Old April 30th 08, 05:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Dima[_2_]

Default Windows shows low graphics perfofmance score

Thanks Spencer!
"Spencer Scott" Spencer ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌ/ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌÁ ×
ÎÏ×ÏÓÔÑÈ ÓÌÅÄÕÀÝÅÅ:
That score sounds somewhat normal. Drivers will definitely affect the
graphics score, but I don't know anybody really cares what the score says.

If you are getting good real world performance, don't worry about it.

Old April 30th 08, 05:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dima[_2_]

Default Windows shows low graphics performance score

Thanks C.B.!
"C.B." ñîîáùèë/ñîîáùèëà â íîâîñòÿõ
ñëåäóþùåå: ...

"Dima" wrote in message
Hello!
My video card is DirectX 10 ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512mb. The latest
Catalyst driver 8.4 is installed.
But:
Windows Vista 64 "Performance Information and Tools" shows that
"Graphics: Desktop performance for Windows Aero" has 4,8 Subscore and
"Gaming graphics: 3D business and gaming graphics performance" has 4,9
which are very low, that the HD 2600 Pro is the bottleneck of my
computer.
Why does Windows Vista score the card so low?
How to improve the performance of the card?
Sincerely.

Dima,

These are not low scores. Your system will perform very well with
these scores and this particular graphics hardware. Unless you are a
serious gamer expecting to squeeze every available ounce of performance
out of your graphics card, or you are into some serious, complicated
graphics intensive applications you do not need better graphics hardware.

C.B.

--
It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the underprivileged
and unfortunate among us.

Old April 30th 08, 05:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dima[_2_]

Thanks Cari!
"Cari (MS-MVP)" ñîîáùèë/ñîîáùèëà â íîâîñòÿõ
ñëåäóþùåå: ...
It's a maximum of 6.0 so 4.9 isn't low. The XT versions of the HD
graphics cards are faster than the Pro versions.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

Old April 30th 08, 06:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Dima[_2_]

Thanks Carlos!
I wrote because my RAM, which costs two times less than the graphics card,
scored 5.9 and my HDD WD Green (low energy consumption) scored 5.8!
"Carlos" ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌ/ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌÁ × ÎÏ×ÏÓÔÑÈ
ÓÌÅÄÕÀÝÅÅ: ...
Dima,
That is a fairly good score.
Here's your card rating with respect to the other ATI cards.
http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=88&pgno=2
Carlos

Old April 30th 08, 06:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dima[_2_]

Thanks Gary!
"Gary Mount" ñîîáùèë/ñîîáùèëà â íîâîñòÿõ ñëåäóþùåå:
I just read an article about over clocking the GPU, at Toms Hardware.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...rd,1916-7.html

I downloaded and used RivaTuner. I mentioned that my graphics card was the
same as yours except mine uses AGP instead of PCI express. So far on an
initial try I have upped my Graphics: Desktop performance for Windows Aero
score from a 4.7 to a 5.9. My Gaming graphics score is still only 4.8.

Old April 30th 08, 06:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dima[_2_]

My card is PCIE
"Gary Mount" ñîîáùèë/ñîîáùèëà â íîâîñòÿõ ñëåäóþùåå:
I have the same card, except half the ram as yours. Also my card is AGP,
you don't say if yours is PCI express.
My scores are 0.1 less than what you are reporting.
My processor is my lowest score with 4.1.
You might be able to use Catalyst to alter some settings. On my AGP card I
don't seem to be able to access these settings to change them. Might only
be available to the PCI express versions.

Old May 29th 08, 10:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
calvin91-vista-business

Don't worry about your score, it itsn't bad. I have the Radeon Mobility 3650.
My graphics score is 5.5 and gaming score is 5.1
Your scored are more than good enough, even for gaming. You say that you
think it's low as your RAM gets a score of 5.9 and HD around the same. Those
scored shouldn't be compared to your graphics as they are completely
different. It simply means that you have a high performance HD and RAM. score
4-5 is a good score for a GPU

Also, Vista would do any office need sufficiently with a base score of 3 , a
base score of 4 would be suitable for most gaming needs, your score is close
to 5 which means you shouldnt have any problems running demanding 3d
applications.
Hope this cleared it up

Old May 31st 08, 08:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Rob

Hi Dima,
I've also got the 2600 PRO. After installation i scored a 4,9.... but after
using ATI's Auto Tune in the Overdrive section I climbed to 5,3.
Knowing that 5,9 is the highest you can score I would't worry at all if I
was you.

Sincerely

Old June 21st 08, 05:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Dima[_2_]

Thanks calvin91-vista-business for your reply!

Old June 21st 08, 05:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Dima[_2_]

Thanks Rob for your reply!
After using ATI's Auto Tune in the Overdrive section my 2600 PRO score did
not climb, but tearings appeared.
Sincerely.