Old February 18th 07, 09:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Richard G. Harper

Default Building or Buying a Brand New Windows Vista Compatible PC?

The best "design guide" would be to see if the components you are looking at
have Vista compatible drivers available. If so, that's 2/3 of your worries
taken care of; the other 1/3 is "Was the manufacturer testing these drivers
prior to release or were they playing with DreamScene?" :-(

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User]
* NEW! Catch my blog ...

"Avarice" wrote in message
My computer is over 4 years old now and I am ready to turn it into a
secondary computer in my home. I currently have Windows Vista Ultimate
installed on it, but because the hardware is somewhat old, I'm not getting
very good experience with it. With that said, I'm ready to "go all out"
with
the designing of my new PC. I am looking for different Windows Vista PC
design guides, but was only able to come up with one at
http://techreport.com/etc/2007q1/sys...e/index.x?pg=1

Does anyone have any additional guides or information on how to build a
Windows Vista compatible PC from the ground up (barebones kit is good
too)?
If someone could point me to a reliable manufacturer of Windows Vista PCs,
that would be great too. From what I see now, most manufacturers (even
Dell)
have warnings about driver incompatibilities with Windows Vista and that
is
what worries me.