Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Game Cheat Console

Old April 28th 08, 10:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Hz

Default Game Cheat Console

Why are you replying to yourself?

--
..::[ Hz ]::.
Old April 29th 08, 10:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Gaza[_2_]

"gretzki" wrote in message

I just told u stop being so narrow-minded. It doesn't matter which OS it
is. The games worked on XP, now they don't on Vista. It's that simple.
Just because you haven't any problems that doesn't solve my problem.
And my system is good. And it came with Vista on it when i bought it. I
installed at first run. And I installed it correctly. Maybe some games
work for u because u have some driver for Vista which I don't have. Or
smth u do and i don't. That's what I'm interested in. And not arguing
about OS-s

If u know what "piece" misses from the "puzzle" required for the cheat
console to work ok. But don't bother posting just to quarrel plz

--
gretzki

Have you installed the FULL DX9 ver. from MS

Old April 29th 08, 01:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
gretzki

Hmm... i don't know for sure... but i'll try to look it up... txs for
the suggestion

--
gretzki
gretzki's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=47395

http://forums.techarena.in

Old April 29th 08, 02:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Spook 13

I am not blaming any OS. It is not the OS as I stated in my answer that
it was not Vista OR ANY OTHER OS or can you not read. The guy is probably
one of you Trolls. Oh, I forgot you and your little groupie club of Linux
(aka Unix rip-off) users and insulters are just little kiddies that have
nothing better to do than search and troll and use the forums for anything
other than what they are for, yes. I am not that fond of Vista but at
least you can run games on it. Try to do that in Linux. What, you can't?
My, my. I'll bet you've never even tried it at all but just love to post
your pointless mess that isn't even connected remotely to what the forums
are here for just because you have nothing better to do. I actually feel
sorry for you.

Hahaha .... Relax !! Just pulling your leg. Like Vista but XP more stable
for now. Cheers.
http://warworld13.myminicity.com/

Old April 29th 08, 03:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
windyvoice

"Gretzki" wrote in message
I can't open the game console with "~" for any game. When I was using XP
that
was not a problem. But what happens now? And I don't wanna hear stuff like
"we don't support cheats" bla bla bla... windows vista interferes with the
programming of a game. I'm really annoyed about this. I tried any other
key
but nothing. Is vista missing something?

Download dxwebsetup.exe from Micro$oft. With an open internet connection
setting, run it. It will give you any files you are missing. DX10 or 10.1
(SP1) is installed in Vista. dxwebsetup.exe will install DX9C end user
files and will not hurt DX10 or 10.1. Sorry, I fussed at you. I was
annoyed with others in another group and thought you may be part of them.
My apologies.

Old April 29th 08, 03:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Andy [YaYa]

=?Utf-8?B?R3JldHpraQ==?= wrote in
:

I can't open the game console with "~" for any game. When I was using
XP that was not a problem. But what happens now? And I don't wanna
hear stuff like "we don't support cheats" bla bla bla... windows vista
interferes with the programming of a game. I'm really annoyed about
this. I tried any other key but nothing. Is vista missing something?

Depends on the game. In Source games there's an option to enable the
console in the in-game options, (Look for an Advanced... button somewhere)
I think you can also pass -console to the program you're running. Right
click on the game in Steam there should be an option to add command line
parameters to the game launch.

It's not really a "Game Cheat Console". If you called it the "Game
Console" maybe less people would accuse you of cheating. I use the console
for running/testing maps, so if anything it's more of a "Debug Console".

--
-A.
Old April 30th 08, 02:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
gretzki

no problem... thxs will try

Old May 3rd 08, 12:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Hank Arnold (MVP)

gretzki wrote:
I just told u stop being so narrow-minded. It doesn't matter which OS it
is. The games worked on XP, now they don't on Vista. It's that simple.
Just because you haven't any problems that doesn't solve my problem.
And my system is good. And it came with Vista on it when i bought it. I
installed at first run. And I installed it correctly. Maybe some games
work for u because u have some driver for Vista which I don't have. Or
smth u do and i don't. That's what I'm interested in. And not arguing
about OS-s

If u know what "piece" misses from the "puzzle" required for the cheat
console to work ok. But don't bother posting just to quarrel plz

Try being a bit more diplomatic and you might get more replies. It's an
important part of the puzzle to know if others are having the same problem.

--

Regards,
Hank Arnold
Old May 4th 08, 08:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
gretzki

Sry... I respect the problems of others but i require others to be
diplomatic with me in return. That fair enough.

I tried with the dxwebsetup. But no change.

Old June 24th 08, 02:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Dio Schrauwen

Greetings,

I am also having the ~ not opening the game's console/debug mode. I have
tried the suggested fixes but it will still not apear on games as gothic 3,
Oblivion, Rome total war.

With Oblivion there was an modification that gave you a ring that opens the
console and they stated on the Oblivion boards that it was a known bug in
vista. Now I do not know if it is inteded this way (security reasons? Making
the game run on admin mode did not change any thing sadly) but it is annoying.

I have gothic 3 and oblivion on my laptop and pc. Both games run nice and
smooth. My computer has Windows XP, my laptop has vista I have reinstalled
gothic 3 on both and applied the same steps. It opens on XP without any
problems and on Vista it doesnt. Both my computer and laptop are high above
the game's min req.

Both windows XP and windows vista are running with the latest updates so are
the graphical cards drivers. (24/06/08 last checked)
I would love to see a sollution aswel.