Vista Banter

-   -   My Book Problems (http://www.vistabanter.com/120332-my-book-problems.html)

Az00123 April 25th 08 12:09 PM

My Book Problems

Hi, a few days ago i completed my build and installed vista home prem
64bit
Yesterday I tried connecting the my book premium 320gb that i was using
with my old computer and it worked, installed all it's own software and
was on the go.
Today however, i turned my pc on and the mybook wasn't picked up, i've
tried restarting numerous times, i've used different usb ports, i've
downloaded all the software i can from WDs site (including restricted
ones) and i still can't get it to work. Whenever I do plug it in, the
little wd my book button manager icon pops up on the taskbar, however it
vanishes after a second and I still can't access my data

My specs are
Intel core 2 quad q6600 @ 3.2
Abit ip35 dark raider
4x2gb g.skill pc2-6400
Seagate 7200.11 320
Cm stacker 831
nvidia 9800gx2

Can someone help me please?

--
Az00123

Az00123[_2_] April 25th 08 06:01 PM

My Book Problems

Can anyone help me?

--
Az00123

Az00123[_3_] April 26th 08 11:27 AM

My Book Problems

Hello? Anyone there?

--
Az00123

Malke[_2_] April 26th 08 12:17 PM

My Book Problems

Az00123 wrote:

Hello? Anyone there?

What happens if you plug the MyBook into a different computer?

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers