Vista Banter

-   -   direct x 10 (http://www.vistabanter.com/120451-direct-x-10-a.html)

amyd April 25th 08 09:47 PM

direct x 10

I have Direct X 10 installed on my computer & it worked fine until a few days
ago. When trying to play a game that uses Direct X I now get a message
"Warning no 3D hardware acceleration found. Your graphics card my not
support 3D acceleration or you Direct X version may be out of date." I can't
find a way to fix this problem & don't know what to do. I went to the Direct
X diagnostic tool & under display the 3D accleration shows up as not
available. I went to graphics acceleration & then to troubleshoot to get to
the change settings but i'm not allowed to click on change settings. All I
get is " you current display driver does no allow changes to be made to
hardware accelration settings." How can I get Direct X 10 to work again &
fix this problem? Thanks to anyone who can help me.

-Amy

Carey Frisch [MVP][_2_] April 25th 08 10:35 PM

direct x 10

You need to download and install the latest Windows Vista drivers
for your video card adapter.

Video cards: frequently asked questions:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/win...d8ab41033.mspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

RedGuy July 1st 08 02:18 AM

direct x 10

I have the same problem, this doesn't help me by just dropping an FAQ. I need
to know how to gain access to the acceleration setting. My GeForce 9800 is
completely up to date and it still won't give me access.