Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Age of Empires II on Windows Vista

Old August 12th 09, 03:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
babyman[_2_]

Default Age of Empires II on Windows Vista

u r right...but the prb is resolved now...

thx for ur help...
i appreciate!

--
babyman
babyman's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/122665.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old November 29th 09, 01:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
antonstam

Hi all,

I was also trying to play AoE on my new Windows Vista pc, but it
stopped working after trying to start the game. It did both in single
and multiplayer. I didn't think it had anything to do with the drivers,
because the game gave no error message or something like that.

Compatibility mode also didn't work out for me. Windows vista should be
compatible with AoE II, according to the site.

I tried marsid's suggestion - running the game from a USB device - and
this worked out for me. So thank you marsid! It is a little weird
because the version of the game I have on this pc wasn't installed in
any way, I just copied it from the same USB device. There shouldn't have
been any difference. Still it worked and I'm not complaining

--
antonstam

--
antonstam