Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your userna

Old October 16th 08, 10:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Default The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

We have a shortage of IMAP experts in this newsgroup, and I include
myself as a non-expert with respect to IMAP peculiarities. So, I will
respond as if this was a POP account.

Chances are, you installed AVG antivirus using its default install option.
If so, uninstall it, then reinstall, but select 'custom' install, which then
allows you to unselect installing its troublesome email scanning module.

While AVG is uninstalled, try Windows Mail again, just to verify that
the culprit has been found. If the problem continues, it indicates a
corrupted account, and you will need to delete that account, restart
Windows Mail, then recreate the account.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"Holly In Greensburg" Holly In wrote in message
news
Hi,
I am so new to this, that I can't figure a way to start a new question to
you, Gary. I'm having a recent problem with getting error messages...just
started, but it always says your imap server wishes to alert you to the
following: invalid credentials, (failure). I can't right click on it as yo
advised to send it along...no other info. Most times if I just delete that,
it starts going through everything to download mail, but it's happening more
frequently. I do not run Norton; I use AVG free version. I thought I needed
gmail so that I could get my emails on my iPhone but this is becoming a
problem. I'm sooooo not tech savvy. I'd appreciate your help.
Thx,
Holly

Old October 16th 08, 11:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Holly In Greensburg[_2_]

Thanks for your suggestion, Gary. I'll show it to my hubby and see if we can
follow your advise. I'll inform you if it goes away. Someone I know
suggested that they started getting weird messages such as this after they
down loaded the recent Service Pack updates. Not sure if that applies to me
and this box, but just thought you might like to know.
Warm Regards,
Holly

Old October 17th 08, 07:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

You're very welcome, Holly.

Yes, updates can trigger formerly hidden incompatibilities.
This requires careful evaluation because uninstalling/blocking
the update is only a short term fix at best.

Old October 17th 08, 08:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Holly In Greensburg[_2_]

Well, I'm assuming, and that could be wrong, that updates come from your
shop, so I'm guessing that if you have this info you can start to dig around
from your end to see if it is causing these issues. So, I'm hoping, if the
updates are from you that you can figure out where the bugs are and stamp
them out!

Old October 17th 08, 11:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
mac

"Holly In Greensburg" wrote in
message ...
Well, I'm assuming, and that could be wrong, that updates come from your
shop, so I'm guessing that if you have this info you can start to dig
around
from your end to see if it is causing these issues. So, I'm hoping, if
the
updates are from you that you can figure out where the bugs are and stamp
them out!

Yes Gary sort out your end, and will you please clean your shop windows,
then the updates will be ok?

:-))

mac

Old October 18th 08, 12:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

I assume by "you" you mean Microsoft. Microsoft does not read this
forum. It is strictly for peer-to-peer help.

Updates from Microsoft are thoroughly tested on many different machines,
before the update is released to the general public. Problems happen
when people use non-compatible third party programs which use non-
standard coding techniques.

Old October 18th 08, 12:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

" mac" wrote in message ...

"Holly In Greensburg" wrote in message
Well, I'm assuming, and that could be wrong, that updates come from your
shop, so I'm guessing that if you have this info you can start to dig around
from your end to see if it is causing these issues. So, I'm hoping, if the
updates are from you that you can figure out where the bugs are and stamp
them out!

Yes Gary sort out your end, and will you please clean your shop windows, then the updates will be ok?

:-))

I'll get right on it. But cleaning all those messed up windows may take a while. :-)

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

Old November 4th 08, 10:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Invalid credentials. 7if250300eyb.3

Hi, same problem here. Nothing to do with 3rd party software. There
practically nothing installed on my pc : vista, windows defender & security
center, no virus scanning and IMAP thru gmail.
Still same problems.
error message :
The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your user name and
password are correct.
Invalid credentials. 7if250300eyb.3

the code at the back changes with every pop-up.

Old November 5th 08, 12:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

I'm going to make a guess as to what the problem is, but next time
please submit a verbatim copy of the error message, which you can do
by right-clicking on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.
We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.

Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers.
Uncheck the box for "Log on using Secure Password Authentication."

Old November 7th 08, 03:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Ryan M

Default The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your userna

I have the same problem. It is really frustrated. I am considering using
Thunderbird now myself. I have always used Microsoft Outlook Express in the
past, now Windows Mail with Vista, and I didn't have this problem until I got
Windows Vista.

"frustr8edw/microsoft" wrote:

Ok, really frustrated. I've got two emails, both gmail accounts. When I first
set them up everything worked perfect. I know that I have the right port
numbers as directed by gmail, I also know that I have my user name and
password entered correctly. When I open my windows mail it will work just
fine at first, but after having it open for a short time I get these error
messages telling me that "The server has rejected your login. Please verify
that your username and
password are correct" . When it gives me the box to put the information in I
know that I put it in correctly, but the same error pops up over and over.
I'm sure it has to be something with the way it's working with IMAP or
something because I never had this issue with outlook and my pop mail
accounts. If someone could help I would greatly appreciate it. Should I go
back to Mozilla's thunderbird email? Would that be able to handle the IMAP
better? Vista issue maybe? Anyways thanks in advance for any help or
suggestions.
--
The biggest company got there by stealing the smaller software's ideas and
calling them original.