Vista Banter

-   Email and Windows Vista (http://www.vistabanter.com/email-windows-vista/)
-   -   The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your userna (http://www.vistabanter.com/121965-server-has-rejected-your-login-please-verify-your-userna.html)

Gary VanderMolen November 7th 08 07:50 AM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your userna

If you are sure you are using the correct username and password,
one possible cause for that error is account corruption. One thing
you might try as a possible quick fix is to delete that corrupted
account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate that mail account.
If that doesn't fix it, more drastic measures will have to be taken.

Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

If turning off the email scanning function does not resolve your problem,
consider upgrading to Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to
suffering bad effects from overly aggressive antivirus programs.
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

Email scanning in any antivirus must be disabled, for reasons
explained he
http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tuto...ning/index.htm

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"Ryan M" Ryan wrote in message ...
I have the same problem. It is really frustrated. I am considering using
Thunderbird now myself. I have always used Microsoft Outlook Express in the
past, now Windows Mail with Vista, and I didn't have this problem until I got
Windows Vista.

"frustr8edw/microsoft" wrote:

Ok, really frustrated. I've got two emails, both gmail accounts. When I first
set them up everything worked perfect. I know that I have the right port
numbers as directed by gmail, I also know that I have my user name and
password entered correctly. When I open my windows mail it will work just
fine at first, but after having it open for a short time I get these error
messages telling me that "The server has rejected your login. Please verify
that your username and
password are correct" . When it gives me the box to put the information in I
know that I put it in correctly, but the same error pops up over and over.
I'm sure it has to be something with the way it's working with IMAP or
something because I never had this issue with outlook and my pop mail
accounts. If someone could help I would greatly appreciate it. Should I go
back to Mozilla's thunderbird email? Would that be able to handle the IMAP
better? Vista issue maybe? Anyways thanks in advance for any help or
suggestions.
--
The biggest company got there by stealing the smaller software's ideas and
calling them original.

Sunnydays March 12th 09 11:54 PM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

I'm getting the exact same popup over & over & over. I don't know if there
is a glitch in Vista, but this isn't working and is crazy! Can anyone help
me, please?

"Silver Kit" wrote:

I've got exactly the same problem. It's driving me to distraction. All
the details are correct and they all worked fine on Outlook Express, but
since moving to Vista and Windows Mail I've been getting this problem.

--
Silver Kit
Silver Kit's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=49286

http://forums.techarena.in

Gary VanderMolen March 13th 09 05:40 AM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

When you get that popup, click Cancel. That should produce an error message.
Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.

discokrazy April 20th 09 12:10 PM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

what i found out with the mcafee is that you need to go into the settings and
under the internet and network section you diable the personal information
blocking and then windows mail can log you in fine.

"frustr8edw/microsoft" wrote:

I'm running the new avg free edition, either way though, same issue when I
was running mcafee. The problem isn't in how I enter my username or password
as I keep them saved and they work at first. The problem is somewhere in
windows mail. It starts with " Your Imap server wishes to alert you to the
following invalid credentials (failure)". You click the ok on that and up
pops the new message "The server has rejected your login. Please verify that
the user name and password is correct". So then you re enter the credentials
and the fun starts all over again and over again and over again and over
again. The only way that I've found to stop it is to close out of windows
mail and restart it at which point it works fine, downloads my mail just
fine, deletes it, everything...... until I'm on it too long and the fun
starts again.

jaohare May 1st 09 02:16 PM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your userna

Help; I have the same problem. I have reset the catcha, turned off the
computer and restarted. Nothing works for very long. I had this problem a few
months ago and reset the catcha and it worked fine until las week.
J.O'Hare

Gary VanderMolen May 1st 09 04:51 PM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your userna

? Windows Mail doesn't have a CAPTCHA.
Please describe your mail issue in detail.

AnthonyMaw October 19th 09 05:41 PM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your userna

Yeah I've got the same problem using Windows Live Mail to access my Gmail
account.

I see a lot of speculative answers but nothing useful.

If anybody knows the EXACT ANSWER then please post it otherwise don't
speculate about "maybe this" or "try that" !!!!

"And the solution is ______________" ????

Sam Hobbs[_2_] October 19th 09 06:30 PM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your userna

Start your own thread.

Also note that I don't see any "speculative answers", so if there were any,
they are not showing here so your comments are especially useless.

Also, use the Windows Live Mail newsgroup; you can't expect anything useful
about Windows Live Mail in a newsgroup that is not for Windows Live Mail.