Vista Banter

-   Email and Windows Vista (http://www.vistabanter.com/email-windows-vista/)
-   -   The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your userna (http://www.vistabanter.com/121965-server-has-rejected-your-login-please-verify-your-userna.html)

frustr8edw/microsoft May 5th 08 07:04 PM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your userna

Ok, really frustrated. I've got two emails, both gmail accounts. When I first
set them up everything worked perfect. I know that I have the right port
numbers as directed by gmail, I also know that I have my user name and
password entered correctly. When I open my windows mail it will work just
fine at first, but after having it open for a short time I get these error
messages telling me that "The server has rejected your login. Please verify
that your username and
password are correct" . When it gives me the box to put the information in I
know that I put it in correctly, but the same error pops up over and over.
I'm sure it has to be something with the way it's working with IMAP or
something because I never had this issue with outlook and my pop mail
accounts. If someone could help I would greatly appreciate it. Should I go
back to Mozilla's thunderbird email? Would that be able to handle the IMAP
better? Vista issue maybe? Anyways thanks in advance for any help or
suggestions.
--
The biggest company got there by stealing the smaller software's ideas and
calling them original.

No Name May 8th 08 05:52 AM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your userna

Some email servers insist that you enter your username with no spaces
and no CAPITAL LETTERS. Some insist that you follow it with the
part of your email address starting with @, and some insist that you
don't. Many insist that you use CAPITAL and lowercase letters in
the correct places in your password. Many give unclear error messages
about what the problems are if you don't follow these rules.

Aaron May 9th 08 09:21 PM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

I don't think it is how my email and password is formatted. When I initially
start windows Mail, I can get new mail, send mail, delete mail... everything
is dandy. After about 5 mins of leaving it open, a dialog pops up telling me
my credentials are wrong. If I wait for a wile before hitting ok, then cancel
(two separate dialogs)it will go away and let me do more email for a while...

Gary VanderMolen May 9th 08 09:43 PM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

When you click on cancel, does it show an error message? If so,
post the complete error message.

Also, which antivirus are you running?

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP

frustr8edw/microsoft May 13th 08 05:15 PM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

I'm running the new avg free edition, either way though, same issue when I
was running mcafee. The problem isn't in how I enter my username or password
as I keep them saved and they work at first. The problem is somewhere in
windows mail. It starts with " Your Imap server wishes to alert you to the
following invalid credentials (failure)". You click the ok on that and up
pops the new message "The server has rejected your login. Please verify that
the user name and password is correct". So then you re enter the credentials
and the fun starts all over again and over again and over again and over
again. The only way that I've found to stop it is to close out of windows
mail and restart it at which point it works fine, downloads my mail just
fine, deletes it, everything...... until I'm on it too long and the fun
starts again.

Silver Kit May 14th 08 07:30 PM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your userna

I've got exactly the same problem. It's driving me to distraction. All
the details are correct and they all worked fine on Outlook Express, but
since moving to Vista and Windows Mail I've been getting this problem.

--
Silver Kit
Silver Kit's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=49286

http://forums.techarena.in

Gary VanderMolen May 15th 08 03:35 AM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your userna

Right-click on the error message, copy, then paste it into a reply
here. There are diagnostic codes in there that we need to see.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP

powerbumbler May 15th 08 11:51 AM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your userna

I am also having the same exact issue. Coincidence that it's occurring so
suddenly to multiple people where I could find no mention of it previously?

The account I'm having the error on is one of two Gmail accounts (out of
four total accounts in use.

Here's my exact error message track:

1) "Your IMAP server wishes to alert you to the following: Invalid
Credentials (failure)"
2) "The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your username
and password are correct. "
3) Windows Security login dialog: "Logon to Gmail powerbumbler"
4) Repeat 'Ad Nauseum'

It works fine until it doesn't.....

powerbumbler May 15th 08 11:56 AM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

I should have added that there is no 'error code'. Windows Mail appears to
think it's working just fine and that the mail server it's talking to is
being picky.

Silver Kit[_2_] May 15th 08 08:50 PM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your userna

Definately no 'error' message, other than the one listed in the rest of
the thread. It doesn't give any indication why suddenly it doesn't
like the authentication details, but press send and receive again two
minutes later and it will send just fine!?!

No Name May 15th 08 11:06 PM

"Silver Kit" wrote in message

Definately no 'error' message, other than the one listed in the rest of
the thread. It doesn't give any indication why suddenly it doesn't
like the authentication details, but press send and receive again two
minutes later and it will send just fine!?!

--
Silver Kit
Silver Kit's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=49286
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=962403

http://forums.techarena.in

Most of the frequent responders in this newsgroup use a method of reading
the messages that often has problems with going back to see previous
messages
in each thread. Therefore, you're likely to get more and better responses
if
you quote the previous messages in the thread.

No Name May 23rd 08 07:30 AM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

We're likely to need the entire error message, not just the error number.
Right
click on the error message and copy all of it to your next message.

Gary VanderMolen May 23rd 08 07:37 AM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

As it says in the response you quoted:
Right-click on the error message, copy, then paste it into a reply
here. That means we need to see the complete error message.
--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP

Bobby[_6_] May 23rd 08 01:27 PM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

Look, you can look it up in Windows Help in Vista.
I learned how to look up the error numbers a long time.
Sometimes, you need to reboot a few times, then try again
After a few reboots, it will be ok.

SCSIraidGURU May 23rd 08 02:23 PM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your userna

You need two profiles.

Did you put in the correct POP3 and SMTP information. At home, I have
my work and home e-mail configured in Windows Mail. SMTP server is
from my ISP. I can't use the work SMTP behind the firewall. POP3 is
the mail server address.

you want to spell your username and password the same way you signed
up, same case. Make sure you did not choose secured mail. You could
try leaving the use username and password blank and get prompted for
username and password. Once you figure it out, enter it in the
settings. Some require full e-mail address

:

Some are just abc, your username. Check your mail server FAQ.

--
SCSIraidGURU

Michael A. McKenney
'www.SCSIraidGURU.com' (
http://www.SCSIraidGURU.com)

Supermicro X7DWA-N server board
pair of Intel E5430 quad core 2.66 GHz Xeons
16GB DDR667
SAS RAID
eVGA 8800 GTS 640 MB video card

No Name May 23rd 08 02:56 PM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

For many errors, that doesn't give us enough information to
recommend a suitable fix for the problem.

Gary VanderMolen May 23rd 08 08:46 PM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

Many problems are too complicated to be resolved by
consulting Windows Help. A search using Google is often more
productive. If that fails, users should feel free to consult the
responders here who are donating their time and expertise.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP

Mark Buford June 8th 08 11:53 PM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

Did anyone find the answer to this problem? I just started trying to use
Windows Mail with my Gmail account today and I'm running into the same issue
that is described in this message string.

Mark Buford

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

As it says in the response you quoted:
Right-click on the error message, copy, then paste it into a reply
here. That means we need to see the complete error message.
--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP

Dave June 9th 08 12:16 AM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

What's the complete error message?

--
Vista Home Premium 32 SP1
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

No Name June 9th 08 12:39 AM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

We need to see the complete error message for you, too, not just a
summary of it or just the error number.

Gary VanderMolen June 9th 08 12:43 AM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

As it says in the response you quoted:
Right-click on the error message, copy, then paste it into a reply
here. We need to see the diagnostic information contained in the complete
error message.
--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP

Dave Griffiths June 9th 08 07:02 AM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

Gmail requires that you activte the service before you can pop against it.
Have you followed the following document.

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...y?answer=86382

HTH
Dave

poe101 June 30th 08 11:51 PM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your userna

I have been using POP3 for a few weeks in windows mail to access my gmail
account and have just set up a seperate IMAP account with the same
credentials and am getting the same error.

The initial flash error reads (cut and paste doesn't work)
Account: imap.gmail.com
Server: imap.gmail.com
username:
Protocol: IMAP
Port: 993
Secure(SSL): 1
Code: 800cccd01

Please note that I removed my password from the POP3 account to prevent it
accessing gmail while I tried out IMAP. Is it possible that others have
done the same and that the invalid account details error relates to the POP3
access failure and not to the IMAP itself ? (Am going to delete the POP3
account to see if it cures the problem)

The errors below are from the transfer window (which does allow copy and
paste) and all have different error codes to the one provided in the flash
window..

Account: 'gMail', Server: 'pop.gmail.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995,
Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC17

Header download for the '[Gmail]' folder did not complete. Could not select
'[Gmail]' on the IMAP server. You might try refreshing your folder list to
synchronize with the IMAP server. Account: 'imap.gmail.com', Server:
'imap.gmail.com', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: 'Unknown Mailbox: [Gmail]
(Failure)', Port: 993, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCCD2

Windows Mail could not download the requested message. It is likely that the
message was removed or expired from the server. Your IMAP server has closed
the connection. This may occur if you have left the connection idle for too
long. Subject 'Merc', Account: 'imap.gmail.com', Server: 'imap.gmail.com',
Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: 'System Error', Port: 993, Secure(SSL): Yes,
Error Number: 0x800CCCDD

poe101 July 1st 08 12:07 AM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your userna

The error is more specific ... (deleting the POP3 account does not appear to
mave made a difference)

Header download for the '[Gmail]' folder did not complete. The operation was
canceled by the user. Account: 'imap.gmail.com', Server: 'imap.gmail.com',
Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: 'Invalid credentials u26if3100669mug.0',
Port: 993, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800C006F

I have found that my login details were missing from the account property
settings and that the Outgoing SMTP port (under Advanced tab) reverted to its
default of '25' instead of '465' as advised in Gmails support documentation.

poe101 July 1st 08 01:24 AM

POSSIBLE CURE for "Please verify that your us"

I found a link for "Try clearing captcha" in googles own support pages and
ran it. Its early days but the problem appears to be gone - I have run
several transfers without the error popping up - time will tell !

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...54&topic=12922

You have to give it your login and password plus a human check (which is
what captcha is all about) it appears to automatically clear a cache or
setting on your machine.

No Name July 1st 08 02:17 AM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your userna

Did you follow all the instructions for using IMAP on gmail.com?

http://email.about.com/od/windowsmai..._get_gmail.htm

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/setting-up-gmail-imap-support-for-windows-vista-mail/

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...n&answer=75725

http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how_to_change_return_address_google_gmail.html

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...96&topic=12814

ofrmgfo July 30th 08 10:12 PM

[...]

I too am enjoying this problem
Might I add this error to the mix
Secure(SSL):1
800cccd1
edw aka ofrmgfo

No Name August 3rd 08 09:31 PM

"ofrmgfo" wrote in message

[...]

We often need complete error messages, not just selected parts
of them, to be able to do much about the problems.

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM August 3rd 08 10:33 PM

"ofrmgfo" wrote in message

[...]

0x800CCCD1 IMAP_LOGINFAILURE Login failed

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

DGreatGnazzini August 8th 08 01:17 PM

POSSIBLE CURE for "Please verify that your us"

I believe I have found the fix. It requires 2 steps.

Run the captcha utility see link below:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...54&topic=12922

Then login to your email with
Remember to add the @gmail.com to the end.

It works for me.

Mrsone911 October 8th 08 05:24 AM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

Hello. I am having the exact same problem with using IMAP Gmail. I know I
have all the settings right. I keep on getting the dialog box that says that
the server rejects my login. Then I have to re-enter my credentials over and
over again. I don't get what is going on.

Gary VanderMolen October 8th 08 06:28 AM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

Which antivirus?

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

Gary VanderMolen October 8th 08 06:47 AM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

Norton antivirus is among the top three troublemakers for Windows Mail.
One frequent symptom is corruption of the account password. Sometimes
you can fix that for a while by deleting that account, restarting Windows Mail
and then recreating that account. In the long run, the only way you can prove
or disprove that Norton is the culprit is to uninstall it, followed by using their
debris removal tool:
http://service1.symantec.com/Support...05033108162039

Another option is to upgrade to Windows Live Mail, which is more
resistant to the adverse effects of overly intrusive antivirus products:
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

In any case you must disable any antivirus email scanning, for the reason
explained he
http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tuto...ning/index.htm

--

"Mrsone911" wrote in message ...
I am using Norton Internet Security 2008.

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

Which antivirus?

Mrsone911 October 8th 08 04:13 PM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

Thank you. That makes sense. As I stated before, I know my credentials were
correct when I was entering them in. For some reason, the server didn't get
the right information from me. Sometimes I would be able to get the IMAP
going by chance, but after awhile that wasn't working either.

I ended up just switching to POP3 with Windows Mail, then I did go a head
and download and run Windows Live Mail. I like that program because I can get
my Hotmail there, too. I may attempt to try to use IMAP in Windows Live Mail,
but after my experience with IMAP and Windows, I may just stick with POP3 for
now.

If Windows Mail has tihs many problems, I wonder why they don't just switch
to shipping Windows Live Mail out in PC's.

Thank you for your response.

"Mrsone911" wrote in message ...
I am using Norton Internet Security 2008.

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

Which antivirus?

Gary VanderMolen October 8th 08 09:05 PM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

Thanks for sharing your positive experience of switching to Windows Live Mail.

--

"Mrsone911" wrote in message ...
I am using Norton Internet Security 2008.

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

Which antivirus?

Holly In Greensburg October 16th 08 02:48 PM

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

Hi,
I am so new to this, that I can't figure a way to start a new question to
you, Gary. I'm having a recent problem with getting error messages...just
started, but it always says your imap server wishes to alert you to the
following: invalid credentials, (failure). I can't right click on it as yo
advised to send it along...no other info. Most times if I just delete that,
it starts going through everything to download mail, but it's happening more
frequently. I do not run Norton; I use AVG free version. I thought I needed
gmail so that I could get my emails on my iPhone but this is becoming a
problem. I'm sooooo not tech savvy. I'd appreciate your help.
Thx,
Holly

"Mrsone911" wrote in message ...
I am using Norton Internet Security 2008.

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

Which antivirus?