Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Windows games - hint window text too large

Old May 6th 08, 01:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Corwin AT[_2_]

Default Windows games - hint window text too large

I'm running vista 64 home premium and I have noticed that on a number of
windows games the hint windows are dispalying over large fonts so you cant
read the entire hint.
for example in freecell when you try to move a stack of cards thats too
large the hint window is supposed to tell you how many cards you are able to
move at that moment, but that part of the message is off the egde of the
window.
Ive noticed this with all the card games the mahjong game even the kids game
Purble place.
Ive tried adjusting the fonts dpi setting and even the advanced setting from
personalizations. any Ideas?

thanks
Old June 7th 08, 07:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Elias

I am having the same problem with Vista 32 bit: some fonts are too big to be
readable in some windows games. I think the problem is recent, probably since
service pack 1 or some update.

Thank you to anyone who posts a solution.
Old June 27th 08, 11:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Pana

I had the same problem.
Text was big and in black and grey.
After reinstalling the factory back-up file, the problem was over.
Hint text and names now in normal font.

Old June 28th 08, 12:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Elias

Thank you for your answer, but where do you find that back-up file? Is it a
back-up you made previously? I tried uninstalling/reinstalling without
success.

Old June 28th 08, 04:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Pana

Yes, it is a back-up file (System recovery) i made previously.
I have a HP computer. System recovery can be done from an image-file on the
HD by pressing F11 or from the recovery disks I have made.
Seems that image-recovery from the HD is not the same as from the recovery
disks.
Have done a system recovery from the recovery disks but games had the same
problem with the big font.
Second time recovery done from HD and font problem was over.
I don't no how.
It is a lot of work to do a system recovery because of the installation of
the additional programs. I will do within a couple of months a recovery tests
both from HD and disks to find out if there is a difference in the games
fontsize.

Old August 14th 08, 10:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Pana

To solve this problem advised by Microsoft Product Support Services to remove
the 'vista' games and install them again.
You have to go to 'Control Panel' - 'Programs and Features' - click on
'Turn Windows features on or off' - Uncheck 'Games' - then press OK - now
you have to go back to 'Turn Windows features on or off' and check 'Games'-
press OK.

Old January 14th 09, 07:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
P.V.

In case someone hasn't found the solution, here's one found in an earlier
thread in this group, that solved the problem in my case:

"Do you have Nvidia nTune installed. If yes, open the Control panel. Go to
"Adjust Image Settings With Preview". Choose "Let the 3D application
Decide". This should solve the problem. When I had the problem the
setting was on "Use my preference emphasising QUALITY"."

P.V.

"Corwin AT" kirjoitti viestissä

Old February 14th 09, 10:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
James Matthews

So lower the text size within the properties.

--

http://www.astorandblack.com/

Old January 28th 10, 05:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
nelson wade

I also found by lower the text size within the properties that it works
fine.

--
nelson wade