Intel Turbo Memory Driver problem -??

Old May 6th 08, 05:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
jandarfish

Default Intel Turbo Memory Driver problem -??

My hp Pavillion dv2000 autmoatically shut down unexpectedly TWICE in the last
half hour, a search by Windows to identify the problem told me it was the
"Intel Turbo memory Driver" (iaStor.sys) and I could go to the Intel
Corporation website for more info - do I need to dl another driver? I don't
even know what this thing is...
Old May 6th 08, 08:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
CaptainSC59

I have an HP dv6000 running Vista Home, and this problem continues to recur,
even after downloading the iaStor.sys update. I hesitate to call HP support,
since I don't have time for the usual run around. Good luck, and I'll keep
you posted if/when I solve it.

Old May 6th 08, 10:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
jandarfish

Does your system shut down often? Are you worried about damaging anything?
(motherboard got wrecked in our last desktop, tech said probably from too
many improper shutdowns)

Old May 7th 08, 12:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
CaptainSC59

Once is often enough. It happens about twice per week. My system faults, and
the computer reboots. So, any unsaved work is gone. This Vista installation
has a way of losing large chunks of memory, and I wonder if it's related to
this Intel driver. I'm skeptical about your motherboard failure. I find it
hard to believe it has anything to do with it. Improper shutdowns used to
impact disk integrity though.

Old June 15th 08, 02:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
stevie dee

I have an HP dv6650us and I have vista Home on it and at the beginning of
June my computer shut down unexpectedly I didn't think to check the problem
report because it didn't show up the first time and so after the second time
I checked the report and it said it was a problem with the device intel turbo
memory drive. I even downloaded the update and it still happens. Hmm which
is wierd because it usually happens when I am running the HP health check
scan as well as having windows media player running or doing something else
while the scan is going, odd because I was able to do that in the past and
nothing happened just kind of got slow but that was ok until this month then
it started acting up. any ideas because I have contacted HP support and I am
just having them get me in touch with a case manager and see if they can
replace my computer because as far as I am concerned this is a defective
product for to be doing this and it is not even a year old yet.

Old July 9th 08, 07:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Nick Rust

Did you ever happen to resolve the problem? I'm experiencing similar difficulties where the PC just freezes approx every 30 minutes. Sometimes, after approx. 2 minutes, the PC will recover and function again, other times the system will completely shut down and return a blue screen with error information. My PC (an Acer Aspire 6920) is merely 8 weeks old and has had this problem since day one. Acer of course refuses to accept any blame for this problem...
Old July 18th 08, 05:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Milen

"Nick Rust" wrote:

Did you ever happen to resolve the problem? I'm experiencing similar difficulties where the PC just freezes approx every 30 minutes. Sometimes, after approx. 2 minutes, the PC will recover and function again, other times the system will completely shut down and return a blue screen with error information. My PC (an Acer Aspire 6920) is merely 8 weeks old and has had this problem since day one. Acer of course refuses to accept any blame for this problem...

Unfortunatly I have the same laptop and of course the same problem. I ran
all kind of tests and I found that the problem is in the software. Read lots
of posts on different sites and found out that the reason is in the turbo
memory or in the intel controller or in the video driver. Try to update all
those drivers nut the problem still exist. I installed a vista without a sp1
and my laptop was working until the vista decided that this is very important
driver and install it automatic.

so pls. if you find a solution post a resolution here.

Regards,
Milen
Old July 18th 08, 01:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
peterk

I have been experiencing same issue with Blue screen and downloaded Intel
driver as suggested by Windows - which oes not work. HP have a solution on
their help site using a diferent version of Intel driver - it works!!

https://accountservices.msn.com/Emai...=1033&urlnum=0

Old July 22nd 08, 12:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
stevie dee[_2_]

well I had to send in my laptop for repairs twice to the HP service
center and after the second time It came back and the problem hasn't
happened yet, I ran a test to see if it would happen while I had the HP
health scan running and having the windows media player in the task bar,
nothin so it seems that they repaired the problem not sure how or what
they did but if the computer you have is less than a year old there
should be a warranty you can use for them to find the problem and fix
it.

--
stevie dee

Old September 6th 08, 07:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
louisay_fr

I have the same problem but with a toshiba satellite P200, I tried your
link but it is no longer available. Do you have the soft on your
computer that maybe you can send me by email ?

Thank you so much

Louise

louisay_fr's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/louisay_fr.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-har...ces/962989.htm