Vista Banter

-   -   Mapping Desktop Drive on Laptop Problem (http://www.vistabanter.com/122505-mapping-desktop-drive-laptop-problem.html)

Charliec May 9th 08 03:40 AM

Mapping Desktop Drive on Laptop Problem

My setup is to Map the "E" drive on my desktop to "Z" on my laptop so
I can share the E drive with my laptop; (with 3 partitions on the
desktop drive);

I am running WinXP with all latest updates on desktop (no SP3), and am
running Vista on the laptop (no SP1). I have NIS 2008 running on both
machines.

I have been running this setup for quite some time with no problem.
Recently, I had to uninstall NIS on the laptop and reinstall. Since I
uninstalled NIS 2008 and reinstalled, I can no longer access my "E"
drive on my desktop from the laptop (this was working fine until the
reinstall).

- I have the "E" drive setup as "shared" on the desktop
- I have the IP address for the laptop setup in the "trusted" area of
NIS on the desktop
- I have the "E" drive mapped on the laptop as follows: Z:(\\desktop
computer name\drive E name (E))

When looking in Computer on the laptop, the mapped E drive has a Red
"X" on it. Clicking on the drive produces the following error box:

Restoring Network Connection

Not enough server storage is available to process this command.

This connection has not been Restored.

And, I cannot access the E drive on my desktop from the laptop. What
do I need to do to get this fixed?

Appreciate any assistance.

Charlie
Charliec