Vista Banter

-   -   "incorrect" found new hardware (http://www.vistabanter.com/123181-incorrect-found-new-hardware.html)

Julsie May 13th 08 11:17 AM

"incorrect" found new hardware

I have recently he reformatted and reinstalled Vista business and service
Pack 1. All my hardware as far as I know is connected and working properly.
Every time I reboot I get the ' found new hardware ' message and tries to
install drivers.
When I look in device manager they are no unknown devices showing. If I
open each one there are still none showing has unknown or not properly
installed.

So, my question is what is Vista looking for?
How do I stop this or how do I find what it is trying to install when
everything I have is working properly?

Eagerly awaiting replies
is there any possibility that there is an error in my installation?

clpratt[_6_] May 14th 08 10:20 AM

"incorrect" found new hardware

I too get this problem but I have no unknown devices connected. The info
box doesn't even give a clue as to which device it thinks it has found.
One time a Microsoft info box came up and advised me to install an
update to address this problem. But when it downloaded and tried to
install it said it was not applicable to my machine.

--
clpratt