No Audigy Drivers from Creative

Old November 30th 06, 04:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike Barbere

Default No Audigy Drivers from Creative

There are no Audigy drivers for Vista x64. I have a first gen Audigy card
with 5.1 that I wanted to get working. Tried the XP x64 drivers. The
driver is not digitally signed so it said it would not install...did not
give me the option of whether or not I wanted to continue.

Anyone find a workaround or should I pester Creative?

Old December 1st 06, 07:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike C.

There are audigy drivers for Vista. make sure to select the dropdown box for
Vista X64. They are for RC2, but they work in RTM. They work here, at least.

Old December 1st 06, 11:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
CJM

"Mike Barbere" wrote in message
There are no Audigy drivers for Vista x64. I have a first gen Audigy card
with 5.1 that I wanted to get working. Tried the XP x64 drivers. The
driver is not digitally signed so it said it would not install...did not
give me the option of whether or not I wanted to continue.

Anyone find a workaround or should I pester Creative?

I'm in a similar boat, but there are no solutions on the horizon until
Febrary at least, when the beta drivers are expected to go gold. However,
even then, features like EAX won't be available if you don't have an X-Fi
card. Creative are going to provide basic drivers for Audigy range and
below.

Some people have had various beta drivers working, albeit with only 2.1
working and no microphone, but many (perhaps most) don't. I've fallen back
to on-board audio, which is OK in the short term, but I plan to buy a
non-Creative Vista compatible card in the New year - assuming some have been
released by then.

I suggestion you go to the Creative site and read through the official posts
in their forums to confirm what I have said. Plus you'll find plenty of
people with the same problems as you.