Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Unable to exit MSTS normally

Old May 18th 08, 03:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Graeme

Default Unable to exit MSTS normally

At the completion of running a game in MSTS after closing I end up with a
completely blank screen and the only way I can exit this screen is to press
Crtl+Alt+Delete which then returns me to the opening screen displaying "log
off" "change password" etc. Anyone else having the same problem. I have
Vista Home Premium.
Thanking you
Old May 18th 08, 06:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Katy Pluta

On Sat, 17 May 2008 20:00:00 -0700, Graeme
wrote:

At the completion of running a game in MSTS after closing I end up with a
completely blank screen and the only way I can exit this screen is to press
Crtl+Alt+Delete which then returns me to the opening screen displaying "log
off" "change password" etc. Anyone else having the same problem. I have
Vista Home Premium.
Thanking you

Try running the game in XP compatibility mode (right-click on the MSTS
shortcut, properties, compatibility tab)

What video card is in your computer?
Old May 19th 08, 04:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Graeme

G'Day Katy,
Thank you for your suggestion, I did as you suggested but it still hasn't
solved the problem.
I run a NVIDIA 8500GT video card.
--
Thanking you

Old May 20th 08, 10:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Clinton

I am glad, but sad to see that someone else has this same problem. I
noticed that I always get a message that their is a problem with Patch 1.4,
and even though I have installed the newest patch for the game, still the
same thing.

Old May 26th 08, 07:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Graeme

Clinton,
I have found out the if you right click on the MSTS icon and run the program
as Administrator it works fine. I have opened the program this way for the
last few days and have no problems in closing it down.
--
Thanking you

Old May 27th 08, 10:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Clinton

When I attempted to run the game yesterday, it wouldn't load, then I
rebooted and it loaded just fine. When I went to exit, it did it just fine.
I have a feeling that a number of people complained, or they got enough
error reports to change something in the coding to Vista to fix the problem.