AMD Cool'n'Quietâ„¢ Drivers for Vista 32-bit

Old December 2nd 06, 06:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Hertz_Donut

Default AMD Cool'n'QuietT Drivers for Vista 32-bit

Completely wrong. Cool n' Quiet is intended to allow the system to monitor
and control processor frequency and voltage to reduce both heat and noise,
and happens to save electricity in the process.

Cool n' Quiet has nothing to do with Energy Star certification.

Honu

"DCR" wrote in message
AMD Cool'Quiet Drivers are intended for Energy Star conservation attempts.

http://msmvps.com/blogs/rgharper/

Old December 2nd 06, 06:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DCR

Jeez, you just defined the definition of Energy Star intentions, Numb_DoNUTS!

Old December 2nd 06, 06:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Theo

Default AMD Cool'n'Quietâ„¢ Drivers for Vista 32-bit

Cool'n'Quiet is a function of the CPU driver, which is
included in the Vista distributions, a BIOS setting enabling
Cool'n'Quiet, and setting the the equivalent of "Minimal
Power Management." I don't recall the exact labeling in
Vista, but it was the second power configuration down in the
panel.

Cool'n'Quiet works in all my Vista installations and I use
SpeedFan in Vista x86 to monitor it. I don't think there is
a version of SpeedFan for Vista x64 yet because the
programmer doesn't have a signed the driver.

Dylan wrote:
AMD Cool'n'Quietâ„¢ Drivers for Vista 32-bit

does anyone know if these drivers are available? I'm trying to run
AMD's dashboard software to monitor my cpu's frequency, temp, voltage,
and fan speed. I need AMD's drivers to run this software, it won't work
with the Microsoft drivers that come with vista.

Old December 2nd 06, 07:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Theo

JayKay wrote:
"Dylan" wrote:
AMD Cool'n'Quietâ„¢ Drivers for Vista 32-bit
does anyone know if these drivers are available?

I think Cool'n'Quiet under Vista is motherboard and/or CPU dependent under
Vista beta 2 and RC2.

I have two Athlon 64 machines, one of them runs Cool'n'Quiet, the other one
is always at 100% CPU .

Machine #1:
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ socket 939 Venice
Asus A8V-E SE
The CPU is mostly running at 1000 Mhz, revs up to 2000 Mhz
when needed.

Machine #2
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ socket 754 Newcastle
Asus K8V SE Deluxe motherboard
Cool 'n' Quiet worked under Windows XP SP2, the processor usually operates
at 1/2 speed (1100 Mhz).
Cool 'n' Quiet does not work not under Vista x64 RC2, always full 2200 Mhz

Old December 3rd 06, 08:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Hertz_Donut

Guess you missed school that day....

but from your post, it appears you missed quite a large number of days.

You have no idea what Energy Star certification is.

You have no idea of what Cool n' Quiet is.

You are just another idiot wagging his lips in the wind...

Honu