Iomega ZIP drives and Vista

Old May 23rd 08, 09:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
fledermaus

Default Iomega ZIP drives and Vista

I bought an Iomega Zip 250 drive from Amazon last week (May 18 2008) and
hooked it up to my Vista Home Premium system. The drive is USB connected
and USB powered. (I did not load any of the Iomage software from the cd
that came with it. Best if you do not try to use the Iomega software. It
does not support Vista.) Vista recognized the drive, enabled it with an
existing Vista driver, and it works fine. It is accessible just as my
other external hard drives. I have been able to retrieve all my data
from my old Iomega 100 Zip disks. One heads up: I first plugged the USB
cable in to a USB 4-slot shared expander. A message came up that said
there was insufficient power for the device. I then plugged it in to a
USB slot on the computer...no problems.

My old ZIP drive was a parallel port device. It will not work with
Vista. That is why I purchased a new drive powered via USB.

I am not suggesting that ZIP drives are necessarily the optimum
portable options for Vista. But if you move to Vista, it is nice to have
a way to access data from existing ZIP disks.

--
fledermaus
Old June 10th 09, 06:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
mietz

where can I get a iomega zip 250 driver for vista 32 bit?

--
mietz
Old June 10th 09, 07:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
LVTravel

"mietz" wrote in message

where can I get a iomega zip 250 driver for vista 32 bit?

--
mietz

Which type of ZIP drive, Parallel, USB or Serial, etc.?

And go from he (long url and is the rest of the message...)

https://iomega-na-en.custhelp.com/cg...si d=g6q371Aj

Old June 10th 09, 10:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Richard G. Harper

If IOMEGA does not have them then they likely do not exist.