Canoscan Scanner Not Working on Vista (I hate Vista)

Old May 28th 08, 03:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Polaris[_2_]

Default Canoscan Scanner Not Working on Vista (I hate Vista)

Mike, thanks much. I appreciated your interest and support in this problem.

"Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:

"Polaris" wrote in message
Mike & Squander, Tried LiDe 30 files, no go. Message said file may not
have
installed correctly did I want to continue? Clicked yes. Received same
message as with LiDe 35 files. By the way, for what it's worth, Vista
drivers, etc. for LiDe 35 work fine with WindowXP.

"Squander" wrote:

Mike and Polaris- As I mentioned in the original post, I downloaded 3
files;
the driver deleter (required prior to installing new driver), the new
driver,
and teh new CanoScan Toolbox. No luck.

Polaris- I'll let you know if I find a solution.
Thanks Guys.

"Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:

"Polaris" wrote in message
Mike, I downloaded driver file and the Canoscan Toolbox file. I
executed
both
files without incident. I then received the message that Vista needed
install the driver. I clicked OK and after a few seconds the
following
message appeared:Windows found the driver for your device but
encountered
an
error while attempting to install it. Windows recommended I contact
the
manufacturer for assistance. This is the same message I received
several
months ago when attempting to use LiDe 35 with Vista. Since your LiDe
30
works with Vista perhaps the '30' drivers would work with the '35' ??

"Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:

You need two files from the Canon web site..

The drivers file..

lide35vst7700a_xpen.exe

and the Canoscan Toolbox file

cstbwin4512en.exe

I have a Lide 30 which uses almost the same files, and it works
great,
but
as I have already stated, is NOT compatible with Vista Fax and Scan.

You have to use the Canoscan Toolbox..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

You could try it. The major difference in the models is one extra front
panel button..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

The Vista/XP drivers appear to be one and the same. While I was beta testing
Vista, the XP drivers for the Lide scanner worked well in Vista. The only
thing is that Windows Fax and Scan does not work with the scanner..

I wish I could help you guys more, but I did nothing more than install the
same files as you have already tried.

Much as I do not normally recommend use of a registry cleaner, you may want
to use 'Regcleaner 4.3' along with some very careful manual editing of the
registry, removing all instances of any Canon installation, and then try
again with the installation files..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

Old June 6th 08, 11:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
tosmani

Have changed your Regional or Language Options???

I had the same problem, because my English Vista was in Czech Language
and Region.

Go to this page

'Photo Scanners - Color Image Scanner - CanoScan LiDE 35 - Canon USA
Consumer Products' (http://tinyurl.com/35wd3t)

!!! The
1. Choose Vista
2. Click to download the driver lide35vst7700a_xpen
3. !!! When it asks mark the Automatic Instalation icon!!! proceed, and
it'll tell you where's the problem.

So did it work for u as well as it did for me???:smile:

--
tosmani