quickcam not working

Old May 30th 08, 12:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
quickie

Default quickcam not working

i have a logitech quickcam pro 5000, installed the software and drivers, and
it continually comes up with the error msg that "quickcam has stopped
working"

in the problem details it comes up with

Problem signatu
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Quickcam.exe
Application Version: 11.5.0.1169
Application Timestamp: 472126c8
Fault Module Name: Quickcam.exe
Fault Module Version: 11.5.0.1169
Fault Module Timestamp: 472126c8
Exception Code: c00000fd
Exception Offset: 0009bba8
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0409

can anyone tell me how to resolve this matter and get on with using the
quickcam?

Old May 30th 08, 12:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

Have you downloaded and installed the Vista software from Logitech? You may
need to install the software before connecting the webcam. Be sure to
choose the right platform (32bit or 64bit).
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/43...d=3933&osid=13

Old May 30th 08, 07:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
quickie

thats what I have done, I know the different versions, since I know that I
am running a quad core, and I am using x64 ultimate

Old May 30th 08, 03:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

Have you asked for help from the Logitech support site? Other than issues
with a cable (try another) I don't know what else you can do.

Old May 30th 08, 08:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
quickie[_2_]

i am sure that the camera did work, because when the installation finished,
it asked me to put the camera in the usb, and I did see the picture,
unfortunately of me, lol

news

Old June 3rd 08, 11:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
quickie[_2_]

i think I know what is going on, somehow the UAC is stopping it from working
or autoplay is conflicting with it, thinking its some kind of "drive", this
is because my Photoshop Elements 6 starts up with the "download" screen,
where it asks to download the pictures on to the computer

Old June 3rd 08, 11:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Nonny

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 00:15:27 +0100, "quickie"
wrote:

i think I know what is going on, somehow the UAC is stopping it from working
or autoplay is conflicting with it, thinking its some kind of "drive", this
is because my Photoshop Elements 6 starts up with the "download" screen,
where it asks to download the pictures on to the computer

You're talking to yourself this and the past post.

You never answered Colin when asked if you've tried Logitech support.

Try it.

"quickie" wrote in message
i am sure that the camera did work, because when the installation
finished, it asked me to put the camera in the usb, and I did see the
picture, unfortunately of me, lol

news Have you asked for help from the Logitech support site? Other than