Loosing Display Settings On Monitor

Old May 30th 08, 04:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Macman2007uk

Default Loosing Display Settings On Monitor

Hi:
Since I recently changed from XP to Vista Home Premium, encountered some
problems, the latest is that I keep using my Monitor Display Resolution
Settings.
What I keep having to do is shut down, restat & reset the monitor
settings,
or re-install drivers using Samsung SyncMaster 2232/GW Digital Monitor.
Any
ideas what is causing this or how I can permantly rectify this problem.
(I never had this problem while running XP)
Cheers
John Mac = macman2007uk

Old June 3rd 08, 05:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Macman2007uk

Hi DL:
I got Drivers which I believe are the most upto date from Samsung
Web Site. The problem persists periodically. There is no key factor at times
of starting PC as to when this will happen, sometimes goes for couple of days
ok, then next start up I need to reconfigure.
I will possibly just have to put up with.
Cheers John Mac macman2007uk.
PS I have another problem which I will be posting now.

Old June 3rd 08, 12:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Malke[_2_]

Macman2007uk wrote:

Hi DL:
I got Drivers which I believe are the most upto date from
Samsung
Web Site. The problem persists periodically. There is no key factor at
times of starting PC as to when this will happen, sometimes goes for
couple of days ok, then next start up I need to reconfigure.
I will possibly just have to put up with.

You don't want the drivers for your monitor. You want the drivers for your
video card. Get them from either the OEM's website (if you have an OEM
machine such as a Dell, HP, etc.) or from the video card mftr.'s website.

If updating the video card drivers doesn't solve the problem, then your
video card is failing and should be replaced.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
Old June 6th 08, 02:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
tanuj_chadha[_8_]

Just check windows update if some update for Intel was done before the
issue began. If yes then try to uninstall the update. If you are also
unable to do that, change display settings to 1024 X 768. If that also
fails then try change the DPI settings.

--
tanuj_chadha