can't reach BIOS setup

Old June 2nd 08, 05:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

Default can't reach BIOS setup

You know very well he meant computer.

"Bender" wrote in message
"push and hold down the commuters on/off switch"

Where will I find the commuter ?

"Curious" wrote in message
Another potential solution to the scenario where neither the USB keyboard
or Mouse work is to:
1.Shutdown and unplug the computer from the wall.
2.Wait 20 minutes and then push and hold down the commuters on/off switch
to drain power from a stuck USB controller.
3. Plug the computer back and try a normal boot,

"Nonny" wrote in message
On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 16:42:31 -0500, SCSIraidGURU
wrote:

Unplug the computer and clear the BIOS.

This involves opening the computer and

1) removing the coin-sized battery for a minuter or so and putting it
back in or

2) finding the jumpter on the mainboard that when shorted does the
same thing.

Not for newbies.

Remove USB devices and turn it
back on. I have seen USB keyboards cause this problem on the on-board
controller.

Old June 6th 08, 09:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
tanuj_chadha[_8_]

Well the easy way is open the system tower. Take out the coin battery,
flip it & put it in (the other way). Then power on the system for 2
minutes. Power down, take out the coin battery & then put back in the
correct way & then power on the system. You should get the option to go
into BIOS automatically. Before you do this make sure that the printer
is not connected, if yes then it should not be on. It can cause an issue
sometimes.

Hope This Helps ! ! ! !

--
tanuj_chadha
Old June 6th 08, 11:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Donald L McDaniel[_5_]

On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 14:43:04 -0500, Nonny
wrote:

On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 12:39:00 -0700, gremme
wrote:

My brother has just built a computer and can't get it working. The problem
is that when he starts it he gets to the screen where he can choose to enter
BIOS. 9/10 times he can't do anything from there but 1/10 times he can press
delete and then it says "loading bios" but it freezes there (he waited 30
mins nothing happened). Does anyone know what the problem mihht be?
Thanks in advance

This is NOT a Windows problem because Windows hasn't even started to
load.

Your brother needs to taike a serious look at the combination of
hardware he has assembled.

I agree. And once he is able to enter the BIOS, he needs to make sure
it gives him enough tiime to make the choice. Usually, there is an
option to use an advanced boot (which usually gives much more time to
make a choice), or an option to use a quick boot (which usually only
gives a scant few seconds before it hands the machine of to the OS).

HE needs to choose to NOT use a fast boot, at least until he gets his
problems fixed.

Donald L McDaniel